• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LouisvilleBagr
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jun 2019

Ringside Standard vs Soft Filled Heavy Bags

I’m considering ordering 150 pound Ringside heavy bag. Has anyone hit the factory filled standard and soft filled. Is there a big difference in feel?

thanks
  • Zaz
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Yes, you can feel the difference. The soft filled will be easier on your joins. The factory filled feels more stiff but holds his shape better.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jun 2019

Thank you for the information. Did you hit the standard fill enough to see if if softens up a bit over time? I'm thinking I like something right in between the two.

Comment

• Zaz
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
        Thank you for the information. Did you hit the standard fill enough to see if if softens up a bit over time? I'm thinking I like something right in between the two.
        I didn't hit it long enough to know, but i guess it will take a long time before it soften up But it won't matter if you use good bag gloves. Most people hurt their joins because they use cheap bag glove or have poor punching technique, not because the bag is not soft enough... Using this heavy bag spring also help because it will absorb some of the impact when you hit the bag: https://www.amazon.com/Ringside-Boxi...ZNR5SAZ2VJW3D8

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

I got these Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves and I hate them. Padding is very dense. Something about the lining inside really hurts the knuckle on my middle finger.

@ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Zaz View Post

I didn't hit it long enough to know, but i guess it will take a long time before it soften up But it won't matter if you use good bag gloves. Most people hurt their joins because they use cheap bag glove or have poor punching technique, not because the bag is not soft enough... Using this heavy bag spring also help because it will absorb some of the impact when you hit the bag: https://www.amazon.com/Ringside-Boxi...ZNR5SAZ2VJW3D8
            I’m still contemplating on which I will order. I have several mounts, all types of springs, seven or eight pairs of bag gloves- all different weights. Title are my favorites as far as gloves. I have a 100 lb Title standard leather factory filled, so I’m leaning towards the soft filled. I just worry about how soft it is. I don’t want TOO much give.

Zaz, have you possibly hit a standard Title leather heavy bag? Im wondering how that compares to the Ringside soft filled?

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

I wish there was a boxing goods store to go try these products before buying them. General sporting goods stores used to have a better selection back in the day, but even then it was pretty limited. Last time I went to a sporting goods store they had one shitty heavy bag and a half dozen shitty mma gloves.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jun 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                I wish there was a boxing goods store to go try these products before buying them. General sporting goods stores used to have a better selection back in the day, but even then it was pretty limited. Last time I went to a sporting goods store they had one shitty heavy bag and a half dozen shitty mma gloves.
                I looked into that, Dick’s Sporting Goods is the big place here. They don’t keep anything decent in the stores. Maybe I’ll pop into a boxing gym or two before making the investment?

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

good luck with boxing gyms too. if they are anything like those around here, they are all filled with sad crappy heavy bags held together with duct tape. its part of their charm and ambiance.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jun 2019

I’m waiting on an answer from Ringside, maybe someone knows? Reading the description of the Ringside soft filled bags on Amazon, it seems each weight is the same sized bag. The only difference is the amount of sand they put in the cylinder inside. The description says you can simply unzip the bag and add more sand into the cylinder for extra weight. Are the cylinders inside all the same size? Could I just buy the 100 pound bag and add 50 more pounds of sand to the cylinder? Thanks in advance for any info anyone may have.

Comment

• Zaz
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

I got these Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves and I hate them. Padding is very dense. Something about the lining inside really hurts the knuckle on my middle finger.

I use the Rival RB1 super bag gloves. I love them. Some people hate them because their thumbs feels uncomfortable with these gloves. I tried the Cleto Reyes bag glove but they are too narrow for my hands.

Comment

• Zaz
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

Zaz, have you possibly hit a standard Title leather heavy bag? Im wondering how that compares to the Ringside soft filled?
                        I never had the chance to hit a Title heavy bag.

Comment

• Zaz
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

The only store like that that i visited is the Rival store in Montreal. You can try everything they have on their website (including their Heavybag). The Superare fight shop in New-York is pretty cool too. They have a lot of gloves. Winning, Rival, Reyes, Title, Ringside, they got all of them and even more!

Comment

• Zaz
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Sep 2018

good luck with boxing gyms too. if they are anything like those around here, they are all filled with sad crappy heavy bags held together with duct tape. its part of their charm and ambiance.
                            Rocky did his training camp in a barn with almost no equipment. He beat Drago anyway.
                            Last edited by Zaz; 01-23-2020, 09:10 PM. Reason: Because C and G are too close on my Keyboard :P

Comment

• Zaz
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2018

I’m waiting on an answer from Ringside, maybe someone knows? Reading the description of the Ringside soft filled bags on Amazon, it seems each weight is the same sized bag. The only difference is the amount of sand they put in the cylinder inside. The description says you can simply unzip the bag and add more sand into the cylinder for extra weight. Are the cylinders inside all the same size? Could I just buy the 100 pound bag and add 50 more pounds of sand to the cylinder? Thanks in advance for any info anyone may have.
                              I thought only the 200 pound were made like that. I may be wrong.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...