X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagAtaraxis
    • Nov 2010

Speed Bag Committee

Hey Everybody! Matthew aka Speedbag Ataraxis here after a incredibly fun weekend at the Speed Bag gathering. It's always incredible to see our speed bag family gather together and enjoy meals,drinks, each others company, and most of all...the speed bag!

It seems this year there was a sharp decline in advertisement and organization of the event more than ever. With fault to no one, as it seems it is the natural flow of things if action is not taken.

So that's what this post is! I propose we establish a Speed Bag committee for ANY member who has the extra time and energy to volunteer and help make the yearly convention a more successful, more organized, and advertised event.

I am very enthusiastic about helping giving a little more structure to this INCREDIBLY fun and memorable event that happens every year at Real Gymm in Keyport, New Jersey with the generosity of Donnie and his family.

My proposal is for any speed bag forum member to help generate ideas for next years convention starting now. The ideas I already have are to generate a schedule for the event. Start times and times for when specific events happen. A website specifically for information for the yearly convention and consensus for information about the convention so new comers have an easy transition in joining the event if they please.

I know this is a little bit of scrambled information but I'm just trying to get the ball rolling!

Whoever joins the committee should stay in touch with eachother and we can all sit down and talk every year at the convention in person and carry out our ideas individually depending on what we think we can take on.

Whos with me!?!?!?!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post
    Hey Everybody! Matthew aka Speedbag Ataraxis here after a incredibly fun weekend at the Speed Bag gathering. It's always incredible to see our speed bag family gather together and enjoy meals,drinks, each others company, and most of all...the speed bag!

It seems this year there was a sharp decline in advertisement and organization of the event more than ever. With fault to no one, as it seems it is the natural flow of things if action is not taken.

So that's what this post is! I propose we establish a Speed Bag committee for ANY member who has the extra time and energy to volunteer and help make the yearly convention a more successful, more organized, and advertised event.

I am very enthusiastic about helping giving a little more structure to this INCREDIBLY fun and memorable event that happens every year at Real Gymm in Keyport, New Jersey with the generosity of Donnie and his family.

My proposal is for any speed bag forum member to help generate ideas for next years convention starting now. The ideas I already have are to generate a schedule for the event. Start times and times for when specific events happen. A website specifically for information for the yearly convention and consensus for information about the convention so new comers have an easy transition in joining the event if they please.

I know this is a little bit of scrambled information but I'm just trying to get the ball rolling!

Whoever joins the committee should stay in touch with eachother and we can all sit down and talk every year at the convention in person and carry out our ideas individually depending on what we think we can take on.

Whos with me!?!?!?!
    Our Beloved Bluto could not have said it better.....

excuse some of the words in clip, but it's priceless and perfect for this. This could be the greatest night of our lives! It normally is, for Those that attend.

..and we're just the guys to do it!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

You know I'm in! Once the dates are set....

Thoughts include:

1. Set-up commitment - a team to arrive Thursday to construct the multi-platform speed bag rig (or Big Bertha, as I like to call it), tables, chairs, hang banners, etc.

2. As mentioned, schedule of events, break times, speed demon competitions

3. Event web site to be promoted by all forum members (even if you're not able to make it...and advertising is good advertising)

4. Pre-registration that could include; event tee-shirt, Saturday catered lunch, lanyards, etc...

...it's a start....
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• newbliss
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2014

Can't wait for next year!

Enjoyed seeing all of you, as it was my first event. Had an awesome time, and can't wait to be involved next year!

Comment

• speedbag4life
          • Jun 2007

I'm in!

... travel/leave details may get a little sketchy from the island where I'll be living next year, but I'm definitely down for the planning.

Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post

Whos with me!?!?!?!

Comment

• GHAJNASR
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2011

normally I NEVER step on anyone's toes .I'm always IN and would love to help.... I am more than happy to host the next event at my place. we have 15 speed bag platforms already setup ..No need to set anything and with your help we can have an amazing turnout.. I have a clean and air conditioned Dojo and would love to do what I can but it's NOT my event so I have no say in the matter. Remember I am in Plymouth Rock so we have lots to do here. FYI I am an addict and want this as bad as anyone...

Last edited by GHAJNASR; 07-17-2014, 12:58 AM.
            Peace,Love,Speed bag.

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
              • Nov 2010

These are great responses everyone!! Keep em coming! I feel as though once we've established committee members we can start assigning very specific jobs but I imagine for the most part the committee would act as a whole.

Some of us obviously have skills in certain areas that others don't such as the expertise of making a website or advertisements sheets and by all means if anyone would like to volunteer for any specific jobs please say so.

Sifu George I imagine a dramatic change to the event would have to be made by the committee(once it's established) as a whole. I think in the evens that one of us(including you, you are definitely apart of the committee) thinks a big change should be made we could do an anonymous vote for it and/or discuss it and see what's best for the convention.I do love the space!! It's amazing there.

I myself already know I will be included in the construction of big bertha(the apparatus that holds all the speed bags)! As well as help with the building the official schedule and website. I personally don't possess a ton of skill in making a website so I could use help with that and for an Advertisement poster I would love to recruit Msdeville to help! As I know she has helped make them in years past and done a fantastic job.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Date for SPEEDB.A.G. VI

July 10th, 11th & 12th , 2015?

Thoughts?
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  Date for SPEEDB.A.G. VI

July 10th, 11th & 12th , 2015?

Thoughts?
                  July 10,11,12 is the week after July 4th holiday. If memory serves, the last three events have been during that time. (SB-III, IV, V)

Those dates are Fine with me.
                  Last edited by Speedbag; 07-17-2014, 07:25 AM.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
                    • Nov 2010

Those dates work for me as well!

Comment

• G-Town
                      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

SB Six

Lets do it! I always like a good plan...

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
                        • Nov 2010

Anyone heard from Msdevile lately? I was wondering if she would help with the poster since she did such a great job in the past with designing them.

On a side note, I would love to get Speed Bag shirts and Art of the Bag shirts (Joe!!!!) to bring to the convention since we'll have such an influx of people from the committee!!!!

Comment

• slowfoot
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Nov 2012

As of now the weekend after Independence Day is fine. Count me in to help out. What ever I can do I will. Always have a lot of fun.

Comment

• SpeedyGeezer
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • May 2014

That will work

Let me know how I can help.

Comment

• Eric
                              • May 2014

event shirts

I think Event shirts are a great Idea. Online registration would help then people could put sizes in advance for pre ordering purposes.
                              I think a little more structure would be of help for people scheduling flights out of Newark.
                              It was my first time. I had a ball and learned a lot from the best. So I am grateful how ever it goes down. I will be back next year for sure. Thats just a first timers observations.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...