• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

"Art of the Bag" on the BIG screen!

March 11th @ 7:15pm ... come one, come all!
    This is going to be a great event, Alan is flying in (and boy, are his arms going to be tired!) and Spedbag Ataraxis, Tommy T, G-town, JUXT, and Sifu George should be attending too.

Directly after the screening there will be a Q&A session...and some live demos on-stage!

Hope to see you there!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Seems Alan may need a second home in New York. Or a private jet.

Great news Joe.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
      March 11th @ 7:15pm ... come one, come all!
      This is going to be a great event, Alan is flying in (and boy, are his arms going to be tired!) and Spedbag Ataraxis, Tommy T, G-town, JUXT, and Sifu George should be attending too.

Directly after the screening there will be a Q&A session...and some live demos on-stage!

Hope to see you there!
      Tag team punch drumming...? That would be cool. Play your theme music that Matt ripped up on the film, and we can all jump in for 30-45 sec, then step out and tag another bagger in..

just a thought.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

I like it!

Comment

• deano
          Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

hope this traveling show has tour dates in oz.all the best for the night in New York .the people will be really entertained and see something they won't forget in a hurry.deano

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by deano View Post
            hope this traveling show has tour dates in oz.all the best for the night in New York .the people will be really entertained and see something they won't forget in a hurry.deano
            Kind of like when we all beheld YOU hitting the speed bag for the first time in June 2010....

....... ....... .... ...... ....

AWESOME! Seeing you cut loose that firs time is one of the best moments in my personal speed bag history, because NO ONE hits it like you do. You should be right up there on stage with the rest of the crew.

Attached Files
            Last edited by Speedbag; 02-27-2014, 07:46 PM.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Jaw Droppin!

Alan - I will never forget the ripping Deano put on that tear drop in 2010...Have you seen his father? Goodness! A fantastic time in life!!!

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Wish I could be at the premiere! Have fun guys.

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

So we're getting closer...just days away now! I need to take just a minute to thank a couple people (more thank you's will follow the screening).

First off... Balazs Boxing. I can't tell you just how great Brian, Brandon & the gang are at Balazs Boxing. They have ALWAYS been a strong supporter of this forum and the film. They continue that support by providing a stand-alone 30" platform and some other goodies for this screening event! Not only do they make the best gear, they bent-over backwards to get everything to me for next Tuesday. Please strongly consider Balazs Boxing for any of your speed bag needs!

Next up... Ms. Deville. Dee is not only an awesome person, amazing speed bagger and innovative swivel designer, she has provided me with a Deville No.13 for use at the event! She's always willing to help out, supports this forum, makes some great punchdrumming videos...and has provided us all with good advice & some rather humorus posts. She travels across the country to attend the SPEEDB.A.G. gatherings (which wouldn't the same without her!) and is a true speed bag addict. I think I speak for all of us who know you when I say thank you Dee for all you do! Now, if you haven't yet, contact her and get a Deville Swivel, you won't be sorry.

Matthew Santiago, our own SpeedBag Ataraxis. He seemed to pop-up out of nowhere a few years ago to TOTALLY BLOW OUR MINDS with his speed bag & punchdrumming skills. Matthew has been instrumental in getting the screening together and has been extremely helpful, going out of his way for my PITA requests (dropping off the film & posters to the Theatre, etc.). Thank you my friend!

Speedy Tommy T. Tommy (and his beautiful better-half) are driving all the way up from Maryland to help out & enjoy the film on the big screen. Unbelievable. I swear, if you did a blood test on Tommy, you'd fine speed bag DNA in there. Nicest guy you'll ever meet and a mindboggling bagger! Thanks Tommy.

Last, but certainly not least... Alan Kahn the "Speed Bag King". Alan is flying up from Texas (and the warmth) to attend this event! Personally I think he's crazy because with the winter we've been having here this year (30" of snow in March alone!), I would have much rather headed down his way for some sun! That said, I need to thank him for....well... for everything. It is because of this man that I discovered the speed bag, this forum & all its incredible members who I'm lucky enough to be able to call friends. Without Alan, this film might not have ever been made and our shared passion might be lost to history. Alan's presents takes this event to the next level... thank you Alan.

There are plenty more to thank and I'll be sure to post after the screening...but for now.... thank you all for your continued support!

I hope to see you at the screening.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                    So we're getting closer...just days away now! I need to take just a minute to thank a couple people (more thank you's will follow the screening).

First off... Balazs Boxing. I can't tell you just how great Brian, Brandon & the gang are at Balazs Boxing. They have ALWAYS been a strong supporter of this forum and the film. They continue that support by providing a stand-alone 30" platform and some other goodies for this screening event! Not only do they make the best gear, they bent-over backwards to get everything to me for next Tuesday. Please strongly consider Balazs Boxing for any of your speed bag needs!

Next up... Ms. Deville. Dee is not only an awesome person, amazing speed bagger and innovative swivel designer, she has provided me with a Deville No.13 for use at the event! She's always willing to help out, supports this forum, makes some great punchdrumming videos...and has provided us all with good advice & some rather humorus posts. She travels across the country to attend the SPEEDB.A.G. gatherings (which wouldn't the same without her!) and is a true speed bag addict. I think I speak for all of us who know you when I say thank you Dee for all you do! Now, if you haven't yet, contact her and get a Deville Swivel, you won't be sorry.

Matthew Santiago, our own SpeedBag Ataraxis. He seemed to pop-up out of nowhere a few years ago to TOTALLY BLOW OUR MINDS with his speed bag & punchdrumming skills. Matthew has been instrumental in getting the screening together and has been extremely helpful, going out of his way for my PITA requests (dropping off the film & posters to the Theatre, etc.). Thank you my friend!

Speedy Tommy T. Tommy (and his beautiful better-half) are driving all the way up from Maryland to help out & enjoy the film on the big screen. Unbelievable. I swear, if you did a blood test on Tommy, you'd fine speed bag DNA in there. Nicest guy you'll ever meet and a mindboggling bagger! Thanks Tommy.

Last, but certainly not least... Alan Kahn the "Speed Bag King". Alan is flying up from Texas (and the warmth) to attend this event! Personally I think he's crazy because with the winter we've been having here this year (30" of snow in March alone!), I would have much rather headed down his way for some sun! That said, I need to thank him for....well... for everything. It is because of this man that I discovered the speed bag, this forum & all its incredible members who I'm lucky enough to be able to call friends. Without Alan, this film might not have ever been made and our shared passion might be lost to history. presents takes this event to the next level... thank you Alan.

There are plenty more to thank and I'll be sure to post after the screening...but for now.... thank you all for your continued support!

I hope to see you at the screening.
                    Thanks Joe. Got up here (Newark) Sunday, picked up by matthew. Been hanging at his house, picking up some unreal punch drumming footage. I know a thing or two about punch drumming, but Matt is off the hook. My head is spinning with where he is taking this... Having a great time. Thanks MATT!

I'm looking forward to seeing all 'the gang' from the movie and meeting a whole bunch of new folks, hopefully to make them all run to get under a board. And again, Thanks to Balazs for their Undying, non-stop support to me and the entire speed bag community. See Ya at the movies!
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Have fun tonight!

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Have fun tonight!
                        Thanks Tim... wish you were here! ...oh...wait, you will be there...
                        ON THE BIG SCREEN.

Comment

• speedbag4life
                          • Jun 2007

Okay guys... please post video of tonight's after-party!!

Comment

• Dutchman
                            Speed Bag Historian
                            • Jun 2006

Yes Please!

Comment

• Kallidoraknox
                              • Feb 2014

Best Night Ever

I can pinpoint the exact moments in my life that brought me here. Moving to NY from FL (I know, usually it's the other way around) joining NYSC and taking up boxing. While I was boxing I kept asking my trainer when am I going to learn the speed bag. When? Huh? When? Now? How aboout now?...Now? Finally he taught me the basic rhythm...but that was it. Yeah, that wasn't gonna cut it. I knew then I wanted to learn more, a lot more. I remember seeing one of SpeedBag Ataraxis's videos on Reddit. I found it again and after some research I started learning about the art form of Punch Drumming and Alan Khan. Then I heard about the Art of the Bag directed by the talented Joe Saba was premiering AN HOUR from where I live! What? It could have happened anywhere in the U.S. but instead it's right up the road. The fact that I spent last night watching this amazing documentary with the people that were in it and these where the same people I have been learning from on Youtube and this forum still blows my mind. Life is funny sometimes...

Zaza, the Art of the Bag docmentary was incredible and captivating from beginning to end. well done, good sir. Well done.

I want to thank everybody for welcoming me in to your fascinating world. Alan, Zaza, SpeedbagAtaraxis, Tommy (and my bff Becky) and G-Town. I was awed by the amount of talent I saw last night and I am looking forward to seeing everybody at SpeedBag V.

P.S. Special thanks to Tim for letting me change my screen name.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...