X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Hangin and Bangin in Hazleton

This is my latest design. A portable, adjustable, double speed bag platform that I can take anywhere my 4x4 truck can go. So I took it to Hazleton PA for a family reunion as an activity but before that I hooked with Biff for a session as soon as I got to town. Thanks for Bangin with me Biff.

The Speed Ball should be in every hall
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Great platform TommyT!! its great how you US guys meet up and bag together..

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey, hey TommyT, great meeting up with you again and spending some time "hanging and banging." Your "psycho swiv" is the smoothest I've ever used. Almost zero friction with your ball bearing design - great job. I really didn't a chance to hit on it during Speed BAG 2010, but I'm sure glad I made the trip to Hazleton to try it out.

Also, your portable double-bag platform is another great design. It's stable and pretty easy to setup. I think you have two winning designs.

Thanks for the heads up about your being in my general area. So glad I made the trip to "hang and bang" with you.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        ...Your "psycho swiv" is the smoothest I've ever used. Almost zero friction with your ball bearing design - great job...
        Will you be selling these, TommyT?

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Pretty Awesome work there, spdyTommyT. Looks like your baggin' is keeping up with your equipment designing abilities!

You and Biff strike a pose of two mighty baggers out there in Hazelton. Good video.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Tommy my man! Very cool design, looked like it worked well. The sun was obscuring the bag movement slightly, but you and the Biffmiester were "Tearing it Up". What was the swiv design you're using? Yeah, hopefully we can hook up in the near future for some baggin'. Haven't heard anything from Sparrky lately. Anyway, nice vid, keep on baggin' bro!
            T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great setup, great baggn'!

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

That looks like a blast! How did it fair at the reunion?
                sigpic

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                  Great platform TommyT!! its great how you US guys meet up and bag together..
                  Thanks Fingers
                  Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Hey, hey TommyT, great meeting up with you again and spending some time "hanging and banging." Your "psycho swiv" is the smoothest I've ever used. Almost zero friction with your ball bearing design - great job. I really didn't a chance to hit on it during Speed BAG 2010, but I'm sure glad I made the trip to Hazleton to try it out.

Also, your portable double-bag platform is another great design. It's stable and pretty easy to setup. I think you have two winning designs.

Thanks for the heads up about your being in my general area. So glad I made the trip to "hang and bang" with you.
                  Biff thanks for the great review and the good time.
                  Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  Will you be selling these, TommyT?
                  Ultimately that is my goal but I don't want to be the one manufacturing them all.
                  Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Pretty Awesome work there, spdyTommyT. Looks like your baggin' is keeping up with your equipment designing abilities!

You and Biff strike a pose of two mighty baggers out there in Hazelton. Good video.
                  Thank you Sir.
                  Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                  Tommy my man! Very cool design, looked like it worked well. The sun was obscuring the bag movement slightly, but you and the Biffmiester were "Tearing it Up". What was the swiv design you're using? Yeah, hopefully we can hook up in the near future for some baggin'. Haven't heard anything from Sparrky lately. Anyway, nice vid, keep on baggin' bro!
                  Thanks TJ. The swiv's are my PsychoII version.
                  Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  Great setup, great baggn'!
                  SSP thanks my man.
                  Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  That looks like a blast! How did it fair at the reunion?
                  The reunion was awesome. Quite a few children were interested and it was cool to lower it and give them a good go. It wasn't cool to bag on my knees with them.

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Great job baggin' guys. Good to see people meeting up.

How about some details on that portable platform? Looks like it's mounted in the hitch with two outriggers , so kind of like a tripod and then strap stabilized, is that right? Looks like it's solid enough to weather the likes of the storm of fists and elbows you guys put on it!

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Exactly Tim. Below the hitch I made an adjustable stand for stability. Then there are four straps and the two outriggers. It became very sturdy with the addition of the outriggers but they set the best in the dirt. I threw it together in a hurry for my event and every step of the way I saw a better way of putting things together. The next design will be better but it will have to wait until I can get more material. Till then I'll still be taken it to the streets

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
                        Exactly Tim. Below the hitch I made an adjustable stand for stability. Then there are four straps and the two outriggers. It became very sturdy with the addition of the outriggers but they set the best in the dirt. I threw it together in a hurry for my event and every step of the way I saw a better way of putting things together. The next design will be better but it will have to wait until I can get more material. Till then I'll still be
                        .. taken it to the streets
                        Oh Yea, Big T, taking it to the streets. Great song for jammin' and Punch Drumming. Smooth mid speed straight time / basic rhythm punching or quick time syncopated combinations. If you can handle it, make the jump to Double Time in Basic Rhythm. (Better use a small, fast bag for that one) Rock on.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Cool! Thanks. Looking forward to trying this song.

Comment

• Bruce
                            • Dec 2009

Very cool... Nice to see the PA folks representing!

Comment

• crapshoot
                              • Apr 2010

I love the design and the bagging

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...