ok, just an IDEA for you Great Punch drummers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geronimo
    • Sep 2009

ok, just an IDEA for you Great Punch drummers!

I know fame or money might not have to do much with the overall drive or goals and future of speed bagging and baggers but.......

Why couldnt Spin, Skunk, and Alan, get a trio going to some GREAT CLASSIC rock that everyone knows, put it into a nice musical set up with all you guys rockin it out. Put them on AMERICAS got talent or some show where you win 1000000$$$$ or what not and BOOM speed bagging hits the mainstream level.

Dre n I where watching that show last night and we both agreed that you guys could do it and do very well least promoting in a great way with tons of exposure.

Maybe its bad idea... but I figured id mention it.. Id love to see it personally.
  • spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

yeah Gero, I can dig it. I think Crapshoot said something like this the other day. 20 or so baggers on tour, I love the idea. It would be awesome and I'd be down for the chance. One nation under a board, undeflatable with fists and elbows for all...
    The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

yeah Gero, I can dig it. I think Crapshoot said something like this the other day. 20 or so baggers on tour, I love the idea. It would be awesome and I'd be down for the chance. One nation under a board, undeflatable with fists and elbows for all...
      The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
        I know fame or money might not have to do much with the overall drive or goals and future of speed bagging and baggers but.......

Why couldnt Spin, Skunk, and Alan, get a trio going to some GREAT CLASSIC rock that everyone knows, put it into a nice musical set up with all you guys rockin it out. Put them on AMERICAS got talent or some show where you win 1000000$$$$ or what not and BOOM speed bagging hits the mainstream level.

Dre n I where watching that show last night and we both agreed that you guys could do it and do very well least promoting in a great way with tons of exposure.

Maybe its bad idea... but I figured id mention it.. Id love to see it personally.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Maybe times have changed....

Years ago I sent video Demo's to every TV show imaginable with regular baggin' and Punch Drumming possibilities. You name it: Leno, Letterman, Conan, Oprah, many non-main stream shows and some hollywood connections. About 25% sent "thanks but no thanks" returns, but most never replied. To their credit, Blue Man Group was the only major entertainment company that ever took it serious, at least for a while. I sent out another round of video demos right after Million Dollar Baby came out, (which had several key character scenes around the speed bag) promoting the idea of speed bag demo's "in the Lobby" of theaters as people came in to the movies. Not one reply. Truth is, that was back when my life allowed a lot more time to mess with it and my shoulders could stand the hours of doing it day after day - neither of which exist anymore. I could easily draw up three or four completely separate baggin'/punch drumming schemes for America's got talent, or American Idol - but I doubt I could make the time commitment and travel (on my dime) for weeks on end.

I suspect Skunk, Scissorhands, Spin or some other "attractive" young gun bagger with amazing speed or combo skills will one day make the leap to the big show (Hollywood), and bring Primo baggin' to the media masses. I wouldn't count Deano out either, because his style is truly amazing and most unusual. Maybe some Jersey boys will alert P-Diddy. He might think this stuff is off the hook and put it in a music video or his next movie. I do hope it happens in my lifetime 'cause I'd love to see it.

Keep practicing, Geronimo, and go for it yourself! YOU got skills and youth on your side. You can do it. Live the dream.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...