• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs Mitts
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Feb 2010

Possible UK Speed Bag Event

or should I say speed ball event, probably should really...

We could make a good day of bagging and hopefully get some new baggers on board. It'll drive me into training harder too! I'm sure I can message some old members and give them a nudge, the more the merrier. Mrs Mitts location is ideal for most UK baggers and anyone else in Europe. Who knows this could be the European version of Speed Bag 2010 Okay we don't have the numbers but I'm sure we can have fun.
    Sounds like a fun idea uk, it was also be a great chance to try out a lot of different equipment. (Especially if you and Fingers bring your complete collection of speed bags!)

Let me have a chat with the owner, hopefully at the weekend and see if we can use the gym for a day.

We would need to do some prep work on the platforms there to make it really worthwhile and I have an adjustable platform that could also go up.

Then we can think about dates, would a Saturday be best?

And finally, who do you think would be interested??
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I really hope this materializes for our UK baggers (and others, too).

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
      or should I say speed ball event, probably should really...

Sounds like a fun idea uk, it was also be a great chance to try out a lot of different equipment. (Especially if you and Fingers bring your complete collection of speed bags!)

Let me have a chat with the owner, hopefully at the weekend and see if we can use the gym for a day.

We would need to do some prep work on the platforms there to make it really worthwhile and I have an adjustable platform that could also go up.

Then we can think about dates, would a Saturday be best?

And finally, who do you think would be interested??
      Sounds good Mrs Mitts. A Saturday or Sunday would be best. I think the best way to go is see if you can sort something out with the gym owner and we'll go from there. I'll try searching for members who tend to come and go but only once we've had confimatuion on the gym. What do you think?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Mrs Mitts, I have sent a message to 3 forum members and 3 members from YouTube. The forum members are: Goju, Clubber Lang and iforwms who's already replied very interested.
        I can't think of anyone else unless fingers can come up with someone.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Feb 2010

Well that's a good start, there could be some interest from Cheltenham Boxing Academy members too as it's on their turf.

Will see Pat Lewis at weekend and get back to you.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Well that's a good start, there could be some interest from Cheltenham Boxing Academy members too as it's on their turf.

Will see Pat Lewis at weekend and get back to you.
            Good luck! I was thinking of a charity speed bag marathon, let's say a couple of hour bagging non stop!..........I'll go for it! What do you think?

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Wow great idea!!! I hope this comes together as planned. Wish I could be there

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Wow great idea!!! I hope this comes together as planned. Wish I could be there
                Tim, it would be great to have you or anyone else from the US and any other country!

Comment

• goju
                  • Aug 2009

well ill be sure to keep an eye on this thread guys.. could be a pain to get to Cheltenham. Also depending on when you are thinking of doing it as im still kinda looking after the wife, as she is still recovering after the back OP.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Let's see when it happens mate and we'll go from there. It would be super if you could make it though. Hope the wife is making a good recovery, give her our regards.
                    Anyway, you been doing any bagging?

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Feb 2010

Ok, I have just talked to the gym owner. We can use the space on a Sunday and he's happy to let me sort out the details. So that's great!

I would like to have some part of the day which would be a Demo/workshop - ukspeedbag????

A charity bagging session is a good idea too

Just need to think whether we are keeping the event for forum members or publicise it further. I'd like to promote a demo/workshop session to any boxing gym members interested - an opportunity for them to be introduced to the whole speedbagging thing.

Any thoughts on dates?

will post some pics on the gym and platforms area next week.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Ok, I have just talked to the gym owner. We can use the space on a Sunday and he's happy to let me sort out the details. So that's great!

I would like to have some part of the day which would be a Demo/workshop - ukspeedbag????

A charity bagging session is a good idea too

Just need to think whether we are keeping the event for forum members or publicise it further. I'd like to promote a demo/workshop session to any boxing gym members interested - an opportunity for them to be introduced to the whole speedbagging thing.

Any thoughts on dates?

will post some pics on the gym and platforms area next week.
                        That's great news Mrs Mitts, well done! A demo workshop sounds good, I would be up for that. For the fund raiser, do you have a local charity you would like to support?

If we kept it for forum members, I think it would defeat the whole object of sharing our skills to try and get others involved. So go for it!

Dates, I'll make a suggestion, June/July? But the last week in July we're away camping. Another words, I'm easy!
                        Last edited by ukspeedbag; 04-24-2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• goju
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                          Hope the wife is making a good recovery, give her our regards.
                          Anyway, you been doing any bagging?
                          Thanks vin, she is doing well mate.. as for baggin, still at it everyday and lovin it , getting better day by day

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by goju View Post
                            well ill be sure to keep an eye on this thread guys.. could be a pain to get to Cheltenham. Also depending on when you are thinking of doing it as im still kinda looking after the wife, as she is still recovering after the back OP.
                            Goju, you have my and my family's prayers for your wife's recovery! To all the UK Baggers: Make that event happen!! It's gonna rock when you do!
                            sigpic

Comment

• goju
                              • Aug 2009

I really appreciate your kind comment MD, Thanks bud

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...