• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Thanks to Alan and Tim.

Please read: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...0851#post20851

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
    Okay, so Clubber Lang is up for it! Fingers and Goju, I hope you can make it, we need your support here.

AK, great idea! We were in discussion about raising funds for the Air Ambulance Services. Mrs Mitts will speak with the gym owner before we make a final decision.

Looks like I'll be holding the demo workshop, so any ideas from you AK would be appreciated.
    I posted a few links to the event from pages on Speedbagcentral.com

Intro page
    Events

etc.

Let me know if you want me to send a few signed SBB Books and DVD's for prizes or gifts to sponsors that support your event. Let them know we yanks are grateful for their help!
    Last edited by Speedbag; 06-14-2010, 12:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    I just noticed Alan has linked both the NJ and UK event on the speed bag central home page, thanks Alan!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Update

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    OUTSTANDING progress over there! I'm glad you are making it public to invite others in. There are many silent bagaholics around that are looking for something like this. Some of them might not even know it yet.

I would suggest that the Gym owner might know of a charity or cause they could support. Letting the Gym owner chose the charity or cause of their choice can be a nice gift back to the owner as well as cement a stronger relationship for another function later. Back in my own public seminar / Demo days I used that method on several occassions, and found the sponsoring gym, YMCA etc would really get out to promote the event when they could charge and raise money for the their own good works. Just a thought.

Good job, UK baggers!
    Okay, so Clubber Lang is up for it! Fingers and Goju, I hope you can make it, we need your support here.

AK, great idea! We were in discussion about raising funds for the Air Ambulance Services. Mrs Mitts will speak with the gym owner before we make a final decision.

Looks like I'll be holding the demo workshop, so any ideas from you AK would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    OUTSTANDING progress over there! I'm glad you are making it public to invite others in. There are many silent bagaholics around that are looking for something like this. Some of them might not even know it yet.

That's great news Mrs Mitts, well done! A demo workshop sounds good, I would be up for that. For the fund raiser, do you have a local charity you would like to support?
    If we kept it for forum members, I think it would defeat the whole object of sharing our skills to try and get others involved. So go for it!

Dates, I'll make a suggestion, June/July? But the last week in July we're away camping. Another words, I'm easy!
    I would suggest that the Gym owner might know of a charity or cause they could support. Letting the Gym owner chose the charity or cause of their choice can be a nice gift back to the owner as well as cement a stronger relationship for another function later. Back in my own public seminar / Demo days I used that method on several occassions, and found the sponsoring gym, YMCA etc would really get out to promote the event when they could charge and raise money for the their own good works. Just a thought.

Good job, UK baggers!

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    I really appreciate your kind comment MD, Thanks bud

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Originally posted by goju View Post
    well ill be sure to keep an eye on this thread guys.. could be a pain to get to Cheltenham. Also depending on when you are thinking of doing it as im still kinda looking after the wife, as she is still recovering after the back OP.
    Goju, you have my and my family's prayers for your wife's recovery! To all the UK Baggers: Make that event happen!! It's gonna rock when you do!

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    Hope the wife is making a good recovery, give her our regards.
    Anyway, you been doing any bagging?
    Thanks vin, she is doing well mate.. as for baggin, still at it everyday and lovin it , getting better day by day

Leave a comment:

• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
    Ok, I have just talked to the gym owner. We can use the space on a Sunday and he's happy to let me sort out the details. So that's great!

I would like to have some part of the day which would be a Demo/workshop - ukspeedbag????

A charity bagging session is a good idea too

Just need to think whether we are keeping the event for forum members or publicise it further. I'd like to promote a demo/workshop session to any boxing gym members interested - an opportunity for them to be introduced to the whole speedbagging thing.

Any thoughts on dates?

will post some pics on the gym and platforms area next week.
    That's great news Mrs Mitts, well done! A demo workshop sounds good, I would be up for that. For the fund raiser, do you have a local charity you would like to support?

If we kept it for forum members, I think it would defeat the whole object of sharing our skills to try and get others involved. So go for it!

Dates, I'll make a suggestion, June/July? But the last week in July we're away camping. Another words, I'm easy!
    Last edited by ukspeedbag; 04-24-2010, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Mitts
    replied
    Ok, I have just talked to the gym owner. We can use the space on a Sunday and he's happy to let me sort out the details. So that's great!

I would like to have some part of the day which would be a Demo/workshop - ukspeedbag????

A charity bagging session is a good idea too

Just need to think whether we are keeping the event for forum members or publicise it further. I'd like to promote a demo/workshop session to any boxing gym members interested - an opportunity for them to be introduced to the whole speedbagging thing.

Any thoughts on dates?

will post some pics on the gym and platforms area next week.

Leave a comment:

• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Let's see when it happens mate and we'll go from there. It would be super if you could make it though. Hope the wife is making a good recovery, give her our regards.
    Anyway, you been doing any bagging?

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    well ill be sure to keep an eye on this thread guys.. could be a pain to get to Cheltenham. Also depending on when you are thinking of doing it as im still kinda looking after the wife, as she is still recovering after the back OP.

Leave a comment:

• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Wow great idea!!! I hope this comes together as planned. Wish I could be there
    Tim, it would be great to have you or anyone else from the US and any other country!

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Wow great idea!!! I hope this comes together as planned. Wish I could be there

Leave a comment:

• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
    Well that's a good start, there could be some interest from Cheltenham Boxing Academy members too as it's on their turf.

Will see Pat Lewis at weekend and get back to you.
    Good luck! I was thinking of a charity speed bag marathon, let's say a couple of hour bagging non stop!..........I'll go for it! What do you think?

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...