Everlast ball/hook swivel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everlast ball/hook swivel

I hate to use the forum for this, but I have checked everywhere, ebay, amazon, craigslist, and have come up empty-handed. Does anyone have an old METAL everlast ball hook swivel for sale? New or used, doesn't matter.
  • dbirdmma
    • Jan 2008

here is one on ebay but hurry up its ending soon!!!!!!!good luck

Comment

wow thanks, I didn;t even see that. I placed my bid, I hope I win! Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

• dbirdmma
        • Jan 2008

no problem glad i helped! good luck

Comment

• toolboxdiver
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2008

I was looking at that also but I think I'm going to make one like Speed Bag Skunk did with a Title Chain Link (remove the guts and add a everlast plastic ballhook) I use the title chainlink for my platform in my regular routine but I'd like to add some of the combinations Alan, Tim and the Skunk do with a ballhook. I'm getting the front and rear punch combinations down but I have trouble switching hands with the direction change with the chainlink but time will tell...

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

Why did everlast discontinue the metal ballhook? Does anyone have any idea?

Comment

• Mel
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2008

Possible reason for discontinuance

There was some discussion about this in a thread called, "scared to go back to the ball and hook swivel" posted in 2006. Something to do with metal flakes in the eyes. Check out the thread for details.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                Why did everlast discontinue the metal ballhook? Does anyone have any idea?
                Yes, Everlast discontinued the Metal Ballhook several years ago. I was told this was because of complaints about "metal flaking", with minute chips supposedly getting into the eyes of the users.

Personally, I've hit them for over 30 years and never had that happen to me or anyone else I know, but they are on several million boards.

You can still get a high quality metal ballhook, called the Boxing Gear's® Speed bag Swivel online.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

thanks speedbag, that seems like a strange reason to completely discontinue it, they could have at least redesigned it. Then again i guess that is what the plastic oneis for. I was looking at the boxing gear swivel, but after watching your review, I was looking for the everlast because it has a shorter S hook. To solve this I am thinking about just taking that hook off, and putting a smaller one on. If anyone has done this and knows of an easy way to do it, let me know.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MDUNN911 View Post
                    thanks speedbag, that seems like a strange reason to completely discontinue it, they could have at least redesigned it. Then again i guess that is what the plastic oneis for. I was looking at the boxing gear swivel, but after watching your review, I was looking for the everlast because it has a shorter S hook. To solve this I am thinking about just taking that hook off, and putting a smaller one on. If anyone has done this and knows of an easy way to do it, let me know.
                    If you want to take the metal shank and hook out of one swivel and put it into another, be aware that the metal shank thickness will have to match the hole in whatever ball you are putting it in.

For the record, I did take the metal ball and hook out of a metal ballhook and put it into the plastic housing of a plastic ballhook. This works fine and made the metal chanking of the rebound a bit quieter, since the shank hits the plastic housing. I don't know if the metal shank of a plastic ballhook fits hole in the Boxing Gear metal ball. I'll have to check that out.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      If you want to take the metal shank and hook out of one swivel and put it into another, be aware that the metal shank thickness will have to match the hole in whatever ball you are putting it in.

For the record, I did take the metal ball and hook out of a metal ballhook and put it into the plastic housing of a plastic ballhook. This works fine and made the metal chanking of the rebound a bit quieter, since the shank hits the plastic housing. I don't know if the metal shank of a plastic ballhook fits hole in the Boxing Gear metal ball. I'll have to check that out.
                      Speedbag, I just ordered the Boxing Gear swivel, and I am going to see how it works stock. My plan was not to take out the shank out nessecerily, but just the S hook. I would have to bend it open with a vice or something, (haven't really figured that part out yet ) I guess getting a new shank would make the rebound arc even shorter, I may do that as well, after seeing how it works!

Comment

• dax_q
                        • Jan 2008

If you end up putting a shorter S hook on there, I want to see pictures/video.
                        Dax

Comment

• firemanjer
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Aug 2007

I took apart a plastic ball hook and inserted the hook into the Watkins swivel ball. Tightened the crap out of the set screw. Dare I say, It may be faster that the Everlast big brother. No pics or video of it but I can post some later. The chrome has held up very well. It gets very heavy use at the gym where I work. Works perfect.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by firemanjer View Post
                            I took apart a plastic ball hook and inserted the hook into the Watkins swivel ball. Tightened the crap out of the set screw. Dare I say, It may be faster that the Everlast big brother. No pics or video of it but I can post some later. The chrome has held up very well. It gets very heavy use at the gym where I work. Works perfect.
                            That's great to know. I will give that a try. You may notice the watkins metal ball shape is also different than an everlast metal ball.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...