• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flipkick7
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2008

speed bag platform placement

where do i place my speed bag platform according to my head?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by flipkick7 View Post
    where do i place my speed bag platform according to my head?
    Hi Flipkick

I don't think the main issue of platform placement is your head (except to say it should be "over" your head..) but the ideal placement of the board height depends on the bag you are using.

the "Belly" or fatest part of the bag should be about level with your mouth. Chin-to-nose is a good guide. Since speed bags are in different sizes, you may have to adjust the board up or down to line those areas up. If a board won't adjust and it is way too high for you, then you could stand on a platform of some sort to raise yourself up.

You can click here for a bit more about the ideal set up.

Any higher or lower than this set up makes it more difficult to pass your fists through the bag to hit from different sides. If you don't care to hit from the back and sides than you could have it higher and it wouldn't make too much difference. But if the belly of the bag is at your forehead or over, it makes for a very altered punching motion.

hope this helps.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Hi Flipkick

the "Belly" or fatest part of the bag should be about level with your mouth. Chin-to-nose is a good guide. Since speed bags are in different sizes, you may have to adjust the board up or down to line those areas up. If a board won't adjust and it is way too high for you, then you could stand on a platform of some sort to raise yourself up.

hope this helps.

That's what I did for my daughter, since my platform is not adjustable I made her a platform to stand on so we both can workout together when she is home from college.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
        That's what I did for my daughter, since my platform is not adjustable I made her a platform to stand on so we both can workout together when she is home from college.
        Great. I did the same for my wife back in the days that I didn't have one that could adjust low enough for her to reach comfortably. After she turned 40 I gave up on her getting taller.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...