• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hwangsgd
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2008

i dont know to set up my speed bag with my swivel

hi. probably the noobiest question out there...but i just bought the everlast stand for heavy bag/speed bag and it came with a swivel for the speed bag. i purchased a speed bag but dont know how to put the bag on the swivel as there is no way to open the swivel. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
  • hwangsgd
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2008

nm i found out it was a chain link and found an answer. still cant take off the stupid locking clip tho lol.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by hwangsgd View Post
      nm i found out it was a chain link and found an answer. still cant take off the stupid locking clip tho lol.
      Greetings hwangsgd

We don't mind the "noobiest" of questions 'cause we was all beginners once, too!. Ask away....

The easiest way to deal with the Link style swivels is to get yourself a pair of Retaining ring pliers that are show here, or something that spreads the link clip holding the links. They are expensive, but have save me time and product when visiting clubs or gyms with link swivels.

Many people do it with a small knife blade or flat head screw driver, but your can stick your finger or bend the locking clip if you're not careful.

(After a really nasty cut on a needed finger trying to do it with a knife several years ago, I sprung for the pliers you see in the picture )
      Last edited by Speedbag; 01-14-2008, 07:28 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...