• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PDoyle
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2007

New guy with install questions

You guys got a nice forum here. Good info.
    I want to add a bag in the ceiling in the middle of my loft.
    Not sure how heavy a bag... and I'm not sure how to reinforce the framing
    to hang the bag. I am in the process of sheet rocking now.
    I searched and found nothing for reinforcing the ceiling framing. Is there info. here I missed?

Thanks for any help.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Greetings PDoyle and welcome to the forum.

Judging from your question, and saying you are not sure how "heavy" of a bag you want to hang, I'm thinking you want to hang a full size heavy bag from your ceiling?

you might try title boxing's accessories section and look at their "rafter heavy bag hanger". Several members here have hung some really original speed bag units from overhead, but I have never done it personally.

Good luck with your project.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PDoyle
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Dec 2007

SpeedBag, thanks very much for your reply. I looked at the rafter heavy bag hanger and I need something that will reinforce the rafters and actually come through the insulation and sheet rock. Wondering if the "Wooden beam T-swivel" from the Title Boxing site would hold a good size bag and not wreck the sheet rock? Or is there something better?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...