X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NABALCHI
    • Nov 2007

Everlast 6x9 Question

I JUST BOUGHT FROM TITLE AN EVERLAST 6X9 BAG http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...d-bags-co.html
    AND AS SOON AS I TRIED IT BY SWIVEL WAS JUMPING ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THE BAG HAD AN HORRIBE REBOUND IT WAS MOVING ALL OVER THE PLACE UNCONTROLABLY WTF?? I HAVE THE PLASTIC EVERLAST S SWIVEL AND I USE A TITLE 8X5 AND A TITLE 10X7 AND BOTH WORK JUST FINE..PERFECT I SHOULD SAY... BUT WHEN I PUT ON THE 9X6 EVERLAST IT ALL GOES TO HELL
    IS THERE A SPECIFIC REASON FOR THIS???
    I SEE THET THE EDGES WHERE OF THE BAG ARE A LITLE PRONOUNCED.MAYBE THATS THE PROBLEM.
    I HAD TO CHANGE THE S SWIVEL TO A CHAINLINK SWIVEL JUST TO STOP IT FROM GOING ALL OVER THE PLACE..
    NOTE THAT IVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH ANY OF MY OTHER BAGS..SHOULD I SEND IT BACK OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG..???
  • bronocdax
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2008

I also have an everlast 6x9. I think it is the shape of the bag, because I have the same problem. It hits fine with a pro swivel, but it is all of the place with the plastic s swivel. Needless to say, I don't use the bag anymore.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by NABALCHI View Post

I JUST BOUGHT FROM TITLE AN EVERLAST 6X9 BAG http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...d-bags-co.html
      AND AS SOON AS I TRIED IT BY SWIVEL WAS JUMPING ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THE BAG HAD AN HORRIBE REBOUND IT WAS MOVING ALL OVER THE PLACE UNCONTROLABLY WTF?? I HAVE THE PLASTIC EVERLAST S SWIVEL AND I USE A TITLE 8X5 AND A TITLE 10X7 AND BOTH WORK JUST FINE..PERFECT I SHOULD SAY... BUT WHEN I PUT ON THE 9X6 EVERLAST IT ALL GOES TO HELL
      IS THERE A SPECIFIC REASON FOR THIS???
      I SEE THET THE EDGES WHERE OF THE BAG ARE A LITLE PRONOUNCED.MAYBE THATS THE PROBLEM.
      I HAD TO CHANGE THE S SWIVEL TO A CHAINLINK SWIVEL JUST TO STOP IT FROM GOING ALL OVER THE PLACE..
      NOTE THAT IVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH ANY OF MY OTHER BAGS..SHOULD I SEND IT BACK OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG..???
      I'm growing a little suspect of Everlast's speed bag quality control, for there seem to be a lot of people who remark about the errant rebounding of their bags. This forum and my private email seem to indicate a lot of dissatisfied people over the results. I generally live by the phrase: "they all can't be liars".

Can't answer about YOUR bag inparticular, but I think you answered your own question by stating the Title bag worked just fine. It's not YOU - it's probably the bag.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

everlast pro bags are great bags IMO

I would just like to say that I have three everlast pro bags of different sizes and each one of them works great. I use the plastic swivel, and before that I used the everlast chainlink swivel - the bags worked great on both swivels. I don't do all the fancy punches, I just do the boxing style punches. Maybe it's just that the bags don't work so well with the reverse and side punches that many of you do. Anyway, I wanted to post this because I hear a lot of negative things about the everlast bags. This post is something positive. One great thing that everlast bags have over many other bags is the loop. Everlast bags have the short loops that make for a better rebound than the rebounds of bags with longer loops. I have a top contender 7 x 4 that has a loop twice as long as the everlast loop and that longer loop deadens the rebound. I have an everlast 4204 gyro balanced bag that is almost 20 years old, and it works as well as any of my newer ones.

Also, buy the bags directly from the everlast website - the packaging job is better. I have bought bags and other items from both title and everlast sites, and the packaging job from everlast is always better. This doesn't necessarily make a difference in the quality of the bag, I am just one of those who likes a good packaging job.
        Last edited by riqal; 01-22-2008, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...