• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

4yr old on Speed bag

Look at the concentration.

Me 3rd week this one with Title 5"x8" Trying to sort out the elbows as advised by Alan. Cheers Alan for all the advice.

Some comments would be great.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by ukspeedbag; 11-11-2007, 11:20 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hi UK. good to see you back. Great looking Kid! I love to see the little ones go at it....

Your Front Double Punching (FDP) is very nice form, and done with good control. I like your transitions from double to single fist punching. Very even.

Your Side Single Punching to Front Circle Punching with two rebound inbetween - (FCP) ' ' (SSP) was much improved, particularly with your RIGHT Fist. By the way, You do that very similiar to a Front Circle Punch to Reverse Single punch, (FCP) ' ' (RSP) and the only difference is the elbow position being moved back a bit (more out to the side or the body) to bring the fist out to the side.
    If you try to do this with your elbow in front of your chest, then when your fist goes to the side of the bag your "front" elbow will go "down" to allow the fist to go to the side. (you don't want the elbow down..) The fist goes to side better IF you move the elbow "back and out" to the side of the shoulder. It is actually a barely seen shoulder movement to reposition the elbow for side fist punching.
    Your Side Double Punching (SDP) was is also improved, but I would like the elbows to bend more. You are still keeping your arms pretty much straight in your execution of that combo. The movement is more efficiently done by bending the elbows, not swinging sideways from the shoulder. But it looks better than the first tape. Try to use "both" arms using the same movement as you RIGHT Side-Front Combo. It is much better than your double arm.

It takes time to get it, for it is not an easy combo.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 11-12-2007, 10:17 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Thanks again Speedbag.
      I really appreciate your input, it's very helpful. I'm gonna work with what you have given me.
      And many thanks for commenting on Joe's video, he was so chuffed, especialy with his 5 stars.

Vini

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...