• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Orlando - get together today

What
    A free speed bag training seminar, featuring Zach Ruffo, speed bag master.

Demonstrations and hands on instruction will be given. Stop by anytime during the hours below. No experience required, come learn how challenging and fun the speed bag can be. While you're there, check out LA Boxing's fabulous training facilities and talk to their trainers.

When
    Saturday Oct 13th, 10am - 12 noon and 1pm - 4pm. Stop by anytime during these hours.

Where
    LA BOXING - ORLANDO
    1425 Tuskawilla Rd, Ste 209
    Winter Springs, FL 32714 View Map
    (407) 696-9269

If you have questions, send a PM to Tim or use the Contact Us link

Attached Files
  • Tim

• Jan 2006

A good time was had by all... Zach was there plus me, and about a dozen locals. At least 1 guy is now ready to mount a platform at home and put some serious practice in...

Comment

• Ergon
      • Sep 2007

glad youse had fun

anyone take any pictures?

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Ergon View Post
        glad youse had fun

anyone take any pictures?
        Unfortunately no, we were pretty busy most of the time and had to take a hiatus while a kick boxing class was on (They don't allow speed bag or heavy bag useage while classes are on). We were going to do some video at the end, but my left shoulder was toast (still recovering from surgery) so I figured I'd quit while I as ahead.

Zach (SpeedBagSkunk) was wowing the crowd, as he always does. I think he's gotten faster from last time (hard to imagine, but I really think he has).

If you ever get the chance to see him hit in person, do it!

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          ....Zach (SpeedBagSkunk) was wowing the crowd, as he always does. I think he's gotten faster from last time (hard to imagine, but I really think he has).

If you ever get the chance to see him hit in person, do it!
          ....His latest video's show his arm positions have improved, particularly in continuous Side Double Punching (SDP). Cleaner positions and movements will reduce needless distances that the fists travel when returning to the bag. Zach appears to be natural fast and like most sprinters, they get faster by focusing on their technique and reducing any wasted motions during every part of the race, and that includes the positional setup in the starting blocks. Becoming stronger helps, but without reducing wasted motions, you won't reach true potential. Another factor is becoming more comfortable with the speed bag techniques and combinations. With time and familiarity you become more relaxed with it all. As you become more relaxed you reduce tension, and more relaxed muscles are usually faster.

And you're right, Tim. You will never appreciate how fast and smooth someone is in their "sport" or activity by only watching a video. To fully appreciate how amazing the speed bag can be, and how fast zach is, you need to see and hear it live. I have had that experience, and If my opinion counts for anything, take it from me -. The man is fast. If you get a chance to visit his new gym or see him at a seminar, do it.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...