• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ergon
    • Sep 2007

Speedball Size

Well here in austrlia we have the shittest speedbag equipment

So anyway im looking at getting a speedbag from title boxing or everlast boxing or one of those sites

The bll i am looking at is the pro one - http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...peed-bags.html

Just a question what do you think the best size is.

Like i said australiiia has shit speedbag equitment and when i bought my speedball the lady didnt know what size it was. So yea.

i was thinkin 8 x 5... is thta to small to do everything or what?

Thanks in advance
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

9x6 or 10x7 is definitely a good size for a beginner, 8x5 might be a bit small. It doesn't hurt to work with more than one size bag though... I'll do something on the 10x7, then the 9x6 , then 8x5 etc.

Comment

• Ergon
      • Sep 2007

i think i have the 10 x 7 one

ill prob get the 8 x 5 cause i dont like buying to many... its expenive or i might even buy both.. depends how muc money i have

hope to get my swivel soon

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

Aussie bags are fine...

Hi All,

While I do have a mixed opinion about this, the 'SupaTuff' Australia bag I have and have been using since I began speed bag'n (which was only bout 3 months ago) has been he perfect learning curve. However I too am looking to purchase some US stuff, in the way of swivels and bags aswell.
        On the other point you mentioned. You couldn't expect the average Aussie female (Bimbo) to know what your talking about when it comes to speed bags, inparticular bag sizes. I'm flat out getting any sense out of most guy's when discussing these matters. Check out the phone book, theres quite a bit available. Look under the Martial arts suppliers section.

Roc Stone.
        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ergon View Post
          Well here in austrlia we have the shittest speedbag equipment

So anyway im looking at getting a speedbag from title boxing or everlast boxing or one of those sites

The bll i am looking at is the pro one - http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...peed-bags.html

Just a question what do you think the best size is.

Like i said australiiia has shit speedbag equitment and when i bought my speedball the lady didnt know what size it was. So yea.

i was thinkin 8 x 5... is thta to small to do everything or what?

Thanks in advance
          the 8x5 isn't "too small to do everything" - IF you can control it. That's the key. If you can only get one bag right now, and IF you are really a beginner, I would suggest the 9x6 since you have the larger size. But you could also use the 8x5 and slightly underinflate it, to make it a little flatter and slower. OR, just back off the punching force, and hit it with "light" hands and little power. (that is a little harder for a beginner to do..)
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Ergon
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
            Hi All,

While I do have a mixed opinion about this, the 'SupaTuff' Australia bag I have and have been using since I began speed bag'n (which was only bout 3 months ago) has been he perfect learning curve. However I too am looking to purchase some US stuff, in the way of swivels and bags aswell.
            On the other point you mentioned. You couldn't expect the average Aussie female (Bimbo) to know what your talking about when it comes to speed bags, inparticular bag sizes. I'm flat out getting any sense out of most guy's when discussing these matters. Check out the phone book, theres quite a bit available. Look under the Martial arts suppliers section.

Roc Stone.
            Thanks for the advise I might check it out. As of right now the only size I could find is 10 x 7 which is the one i currently use..but ill see if i can find any other sizes near me, if not ill just order from overseas..

and speedbag thanks for advise. I reckon I will be buying a 8 x 5.. I have recieved my new metal ball swivel and DAMM is that thing fast.. and i have basically mastered the basic stuff.. im more working towards backwords motions now before working on side hits etc.. i reckon once i become proficent with all the moves on my current bag I will upgrade to a small one

but yea speedbaggin is goin GREAT

Comment

• Roc Stone
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2007

Glad I could be of assistance

Hi Ergon,

If your anywhere near Sydney airport check out Hardcore gym, they have an exellent boxing circut with a range of different size/height speed bag platforms. Kostya Tszu also hold trainning classes there. Maybe we could link up and do a session...

Roc.
              sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Ergon
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
                Hi Ergon,

If your anywhere near Sydney airport check out Hardcore gym, they have an exellent boxing circut with a range of different size/height speed bag platforms. Kostya Tszu also hold trainning classes there. Maybe we could link up and do a session...

Roc.

ahhhh sorry i dont live in sydney im up in gold coast =[

imagin doin session with kostya tszu..

i used to do boxing before my gym got crap and i got over it =[ those were the days

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...