X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Busta Knuckles
    • Jul 2007

The SPEED BAG OF SPEED BAGS!!!!!!

I was lucky enough to get this used 5x8 Ringside speed bag which i had recognized as the one ALAN used to use in most of his vids. I'ts probably a mid to late 90's model. I can see why it was one of his FAVORITES!!! This bag is the perfect weight, perfect shape, perfect size, feels better on the hands than any bag i've hit. It also came with the business half of an Everlast metal ball hook...total score!!!! I'm gonna cry when this one falls apart...........Alan what are the chances of talking John Brown into reproducing these bags again?????!!!!
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Busta Knuckles View Post
    I was lucky enough to get this used 5x8 Ringside speed bag which i had recognized as the one ALAN used to use in most of his vids. I'ts probably a mid to late 90's model. I can see why it was one of his FAVORITES!!! This bag is the perfect weight, perfect shape, perfect size, feels better on the hands than any bag i've hit. It also came with the business half of an Everlast metal ball hook...total score!!!! I'm gonna cry when this one falls apart...........Alan what are the chances of talking John Brown into reproducing these bags again?????!!!!
    Yes that is a dynomite bag. I punched mine 'till the seams fell off. When it finally died, a larger section of the outer leather was gone and I had used black magic marker on the white cloth material under the leather to hide the rips.

Their contender line is a similiar shape but feels like different material. I still have the matching 11x8 and 9x6 bags from the same era. The really take the hands nice. A lot like Kangaroo leather, but I don't think they are.

That red & black 8x5 does appear in a lot of my video's. I taped hundreds of songs and workouts back then, (1996 - 2000) and it never let me down. Held air for weeks on end, and took a lickin' every single day.

I did whine to John Brown about the change in shapes when it happened. He was kind enough to have several 8x5 bags made from the same "shape" but are all black.

They're fast but don't feel the same on the hands.

you can see the black custom 8x5 bags:
    Here, Here and Here.

This video compilation clip shows an evolution of speed bags I was using at the time. The first bag is the Red/Black 8x5 Ringside that we know and love so well. This was just about a month or so before it died. Right after it died, I started using the Yellow 8x5 from Title. At the time, I thought it was a bit heavy, so I got a few more ringside bags, and the song rollin' in my sweet babies arms is using the bannana 8x5 ringside bag.

I didn't like the banana bag and the yellow 8x5 just didn't grab me on video. The Yellow color just kinda dies.

Anyway, I'd give plenty to have several of those red/black 8x5's again.

Good luck with your new find, BK. I envy you.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Where did you find it? E-bay?

Comment

• Busta Knuckles
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Where did you find it? E-bay?
        TOP SECRET can't tell ya.....just kiddin.....Ya Tim got it on Ebay for around $9.00 plus shipping.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...