• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cklim
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2006

speedbag size

I am a new member to this forum and just mounted a speedbag platform over the weekend. We are currently using an Everlast 4210 (11x8) bag. I am interested in buying a smaller size bag next and am confused on the bag sizes. I thought that a 9x6 bag wo8uld be good and was looking at an Everlast 4200. I noticed on this forum and other sites, that some call this bag a 6x9 bag and some call it a 9x6 bag. Is there a difference between a 9x6 bag and a 6x9 bag? What is the Everlast 4200? I could really use some help here. Thanks
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

6x9 and 9x6 are the same thing. I think it's a good size for a beginner...

Comment

• cklim
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2006

Thanks Tim for your answer. I was on the Title boxing site and was looking at the Everlast bags. They carry the professional models and the semi-pro 4200. Any opinion on these models?

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by cklim
        Thanks Tim for your answer. I was on the Title boxing site and was looking at the Everlast bags. They carry the professional models and the semi-pro 4200. Any opinion on these models?
        I don't have hands on experience with either of those models.

However, see Alan's (Speedbag) comments here:

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Everlast speed bag models

Originally posted by cklim
          Hi cklim

I have several of these Everlast Professional Speed Bags and don't like them as much as the High Performance Speed Bag ( older model 4200).

They just don't have the feel and seem heavy to me. no Pop. I gave several of these a few workouts, then put them in my "dead bag" box. ( meaning, I don't train with them). That is not to say they are bad bags. I just don't care to hit them.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

Man, this site is costing me a lot of money......

I had to order one as soon as I saw Alan's comments above.

Comment

• Longarm
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Mar 2006

New bag

I just went to Ringside and picked up their Top Contender 9x6 speed bag. I started with ann 11x8 and I'm just now getting a smaller bag. This is a nice leather bag. I like the shape. It' is actually a nicer shape than the pic makes it. Costs $20. I can live with that.

At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...