• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

What is up with Lonsdale?

After scouring the archives here and reading a ton of old threads, I find myself wanting to get one of the good Lonsdale Authentic speed balls, preferably 7x10 but maybe Peanut if that is all I can find.

Seems to me the company has fallen like many others to the path of subcontracting out the manufacturing of their great speed bags of the past to some crap supplier making crap knockoffs of their own brand. Just like Title did with their swivels and who know what else.

That aside, would somebody please tell me WTF this could be for?

I was just searching for the speed ball, but found some weird upside down gimp thing.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Yeah, it looks like they've flipped practically their entire line. I'd hazard a guess that perhaps they have new ownership. That's what happened to Everlast.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

I swear they had a tan leather round bag they described as a maize bag when I started this thread, but its already off the website. It looked like a premium leather quality body snatcher. Oh well. Not worth the risk, imo. I'm tired of ordering products based on photos and descriptions and getting bait & switched to a lesser quality product.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• stefoz
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        After scouring the archives here and reading a ton of old threads, I find myself wanting to get one of the good Lonsdale Authentic speed balls, preferably 7x10 but maybe Peanut if that is all I can find.

Seems to me the company has fallen like many others to the path of subcontracting out the manufacturing of their great speed bags of the past to some crap supplier making crap knockoffs of their own brand. Just like Title did with their swivels and who know what else.

That aside, would somebody please tell me WTF this could be for?

I was just searching for the speed ball, but found some weird upside down gimp thing.

-Rusty
        Lonsdale is now sold by Sports Direct http://www.sportsdirect.com/SearchRe...r=speed%20ball.
        I have purchased the leather one and it is not bad at all compared to the big guns.Also sold by Sugar Ray s stores http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/lons...peed-ball.html , They say its the peanut but it is not. i own that one as well ,the leather on it is amazing .better than the new gray one.The peanut is obsolete ,Sad because it is the best they ever made.
        Last edited by stefoz; 12-01-2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• jaja6009
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2016

Sports Direct owns Everlast and Lonsdale. That explains quality going down. But Everlast's website should list Lonsdale products but doesn't. As large companies gobble up everything in each segment they can release whatever junk they want.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...