• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Title bladder replacement, Rusty style

I replaced the original black bladders in two Title bags with orange latex replacement bladders. After being educated on how to remove the original bladders by cutting the threads (thanks guys), the next issue was the valve stem on the orange rubber replacement bladder did not protrude far enough through the valve hole to keep the stem in place.

I know the standard procedure is to use rubber cement to fix the valve in position, but I didn't have any rubber cement on hand and it sounded kind of messy anyway, especially on the smaller bags. I wanted the valve stem to protrude through the hole in the bottom of the bag for easy air filling and measuring. So here is what I did.

Unlace the bag and remove the current bladder

Get a length of 3/16" rubber tubing from a hardware or auto store. I used auto vacuum tube. Don't use silicone tubing. Any length will do, but a longer length makes positioning the bladder easier later. Make sure the pump needle fits through the tubing. Get some super glue. I used Gorilla impact-tough formula. Make sure one end of the tubing is cut as clean and straight as possible. I put an angle cut on the other end to make threading the tubing through the bag easier.

Thread the tubing through the valve hole from inside out, angle end first.

Very carefully apply super glue to the tubing side only. Use as little glue as possible. You don't want excess glue to obstruct the pump needle. If you mess up, just cut the end off and start over. Carefully press the glued tubing onto the valve step squarely and hold firm for a couple of minutes. After that, just wait a while for the super glue to completely cure. I waited 10 or 15 minutes.

Using the tubing, simply pull the bladder into the bag all the way and snip the end of the tubing so you may begin pumping up the bladder.

After the bag is laced and filled, you can carefully trim down the tubing to be flush with the bag. If you really don't want any of the tubing to protrude, you can tug on the tube in the previous step and cut right down to the bag.

Cheers.
    -Rusty
    imgur post: http://imgur.com/a/v826j
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Cool.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...