• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hosted
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2016

Recommendations on a 6x9 bag

Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some opinions on my first 6x9 bag? I bought a 7x10 Physical Success brand off eBay because I saw on here that they weren't to bad for the price and even came with the 2hr speed bag dvd for $25. I'm enjoying the bag but would like to purchase a 6x9 bag to start working with also. I have no idea what to try so wanted to get some advice from some of you that have tried many bags. I've been looking at the Title super, title classic, title gyro, fighting sports, ringside tricolor, and the tuf wear hyper that title has on sale for $20. I imagine I would be happy with any of them but wanted to see if there was one that you would recommend over the others. Thanks in advance.
  • Chris K
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2015

I really like the Title Classic. It has a great rebound and the leather is very soft and seems to get better with age. I haven't tried the Tuf Wear brand but at the price it is tempting. I have several bags now but always go back to my title classic.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Hosted View Post
      Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some opinions on my first 6x9 bag? I bought a 7x10 Physical Success brand off eBay because I saw on here that they weren't to bad for the price and even came with the 2hr speed bag dvd for $25. I'm enjoying the bag but would like to purchase a 6x9 bag to start working with also. I have no idea what to try so wanted to get some advice from some of you that have tried many bags. I've been looking at the Title super, title classic, title gyro, fighting sports, ringside tricolor, and the tuf wear hyper that title has on sale for $20. I imagine I would be happy with any of them but wanted to see if there was one that you would recommend over the others. Thanks in advance.

I agree with Chris K, you can't go wrong with the Title Bags.

Of course, price may be an issue for there are several 6x9's available. Don't rule out the Fight Sports bags either. great bags.

And you might consider an 8x5 size and just underinflate it a smidge. The underinflation will make it a tad slower, emulating a 9x6, and then you can add a bit more add and you'll have the 8x5 (next size smaller).
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Hosted
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2016

Well, I ordered a Title classic and a tuf wear 6x9 with Title's Labor Day sale. I just got them today. I have only been hitting a speed bag for about three weeks so I'm still learning so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I put on the classic bag first and think it is going to feel really good once it breaks in a little bit. The tuf wear bag on the other hand feels hard when I hit it. I might need to give it more time but I'm not sure. i don't believe weight is a factor but I have come to the conclusion that i like a soft and bouncy bag so far. So if anyone has any recommendations for soft and boncy let me know.

My 7x10 Physical Success bag has very soft leather and seems to rebound quite quickly for its size making me think it acually has a decent bladder in it. I've also been hitting it for three weeks so that might have something to do with it. I have just started using elbows on the 7x10 and the classic bag gave me a quick dose of reality and made me feel like I'm starting over. I'm also using the everlast plastic ball swivel and it almost feels like I'm getting some random crooked bounces with these smaller bags. I can't tell if it is me mishitting or the swivel getting bound up some how??
        Last edited by Hosted; 09-14-2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Hosted View Post
          Well, I ordered a Title classic and a tuf wear 6x9 with Title's Labor Day sale. I just got them today. I have only been hitting a speed bag for about three weeks so I'm still learning so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I put on the classic bag first and think it is going to feel really good once it breaks in a little bit. The tuf wear bag on the other hand feels hard and dead when I hit it. I might need to give it more time but I'm thinking about sending it back to get something else. i don't believe weight is a factor but I have come to the conclusion that i like a soft and bouncy bag so far. So if anyone has any recommendations for soft and boncy let me know.

My 7x10 Physical Success bag has very soft leather and seems to rebound quite quickly for its size making me think it acually has a decent bladder in it. I've also been hitting it for three weeks so that might have something to do with it. I have just started using elbows on the 7x10 and the classic bag gave me a quick dose of reality and made me feel like I'm starting over. I'm also using the everlast plastic ball swivel and it almost feels like I'm getting some random crooked bounces with these smaller bags. I can't tell if it is me mishitting or the swivel getting bound up some how??
          The physical Success inc. speed bags are good quality bags. I have had several and I like them.

The owner/designer (George Albergo) has been a long time friend of mine (from the mid 1990's) and is very passionate about all kinds of bag training. George is just a regular guy trying to make the world a better place and inspire people to move through boxing exercises and bag work.

Like many of my long time contacts, we have never met personally but communicate via phone and email several times a year.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Hosted
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Aug 2016

Well, I'm learning to not open my mouth until I break a bag in. I decided to keep all of the bags. I have worked with all of them quite a bit the last week and have learned that bags change A LOT after breaking in. I am still getting what seem like erratic bounces out of the title classic bag but I just don't seem to be hitting it as well either so that may be why. The tuf gear bag has softened up a lot. It is about an inch taller and a little narrower than the title and the size just feels more comfortable to me right now. The little tuf gear bag seems to be a nice value at $20.

I'm pretty sure the physical success bag has a latex bladder the way it feels compared to these others. The 7x10 bag feels mammoth now and I have to pay attention when switching bags because it knocked my glasses off last night.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...