Does anybody use a Prime Fighter platform??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Busta Knuckles
    • Jul 2007

Does anybody use a Prime Fighter platform??

Hi I was wondering if anyone uses a Prime Fighter platform(the 400 model specifically)? It looks to be a nice unit and better quality than the comparable Ringside and Everlast models. Need to know is it QUIET, SOLID, EASILY ADJUSTABLE, IS IT WORTH THE MONEY, ETC.........I need to ditch the old trusty Everlast tube unit for easier adjustability.....Any input greatly appreciated.........THANKS!!!
    Last edited by Busta Knuckles; 07-28-2007, 04:10 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Busta Knuckles View Post
    Hi I was wondering if anyone uses a Prime Fighter platform(the 400 model specifically)? It looks to be a nice unit and better quality than the comparable Ringside and Everlast models. Need to know is it QUIET, SOLID, EASILY ADJUSTABLE, IS IT WORTH THE MONEY, ETC.........I need to ditch the old trusty Everlast tube unit for easier adustability.....Any input greatly appreciated.........THANKS!!!
    YES

here is a blue one (Mission Impossible)

(* I am editing a demo of this unit to post in a day or so... )
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jason_m_amy
      • Jan 2007

Impressive hitting... and that platform is so solid, I noticed you don't even have a sandbag on top!?

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jason_m_amy View Post
        Impressive hitting... and that platform is so solid, I noticed you don't even have a sandbag on top!?
        no sandbag. I don't want that extra weight laying out suspended on the wall - and I don't really need it with the 2 inch thick board.
        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SupergeZ
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2007

thats a hot platform, and some aswesome hitting and explination of how to hit to the tune. great vid

Comment

• Busta Knuckles
            • Jul 2007

Thanks for the vid Alan, I also just found an old posting of yours regarding this unit. P F also says it can hold heavy bags. I know you probably wouldn't want to hang it from a sacred Everlast ball hook but with a proper swivel do you think the unit can handle say a 100lb bag??? Regardless I think I'm gonna go for it!!!...........I finally broke down last week and ordered your SPEED BAG BIBLE series I've seen in the back of the boxing catalogs for years.... I can't wait till they get here!!!!! I know your product has the best "customer service/tech support" I've ever seen with a Bible and an almost direct line to God(of the speed bag)HA HA

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Thanks for the vid Alan, I also just found an old posting of yours regarding this unit. P F also says it can hold heavy bags.

I know you probably wouldn't want to hang it from a sacred Everlast ball hook but with a proper swivel do you think the unit can handle say a 100lb bag???
              The board has a hole in it right in front of the swivel, with a flat iron attachment that bolts up above to the horizontal hanging frame holding the board. The Iron attachment has a piece that comes through the hole in the board. You attach a HB to that, not the swivel. I'll upload the video tonight to show you on youtube..

...........I finally broke down last week and ordered your SPEED BAG BIBLE series I've seen in the back of the boxing catalogs for years.... I can't wait till they get here!!!!!
              Shoulda PM'd me before you bought. I'd give you a discount and autograph it for ya. I do that for all forum members.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mello Yello
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jun 2018

I have one and it's great. I would definitely NOT recommend hitting a heavy bag off it. I think they're now out of business, double check me on that. If you have your own house I'd nail a solid board to the ceiling and build yourself a cheep 4'x4' platform to raise yourself up to hit it. If you're renting or don't want to bolt it to the ceiling or have multiple users of varying heights etc etc then you should try and find one

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...