X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niki Knuckles
    • Apr 2012

Nipple Slip

I have a 5x8 TITLE Gyro balanced leather speed bag.

It was low on air. I pumped it up to 5.8 psi. I moistened the needle and valve. I did everything the same. I would stop to check air pressure till desired.

Now air keeps leaking out the the air inlet valve. It has turned into an air exit valve. Never holds air. Bag works, but have to pump it up to use. Every time it's always leaking out of the air inlet valve... Wont seal.

Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Niki Knuckles View Post
    I have a 5x8 TITLE Gyro balanced leather speed bag.

It was low on air. I pumped it up to 5.8 psi. I moistened the needle and valve. I did everything the same. I would stop to check air pressure till desired.

Now air keeps leaking out the the air inlet valve. It has turned into an air exit valve. Never holds air. Bag works, but have to pump it up to use. Every time it's always leaking out of the air inlet valve... Wont seal.

ventanakaz (Speed Bag Guru) is correct, that the bladder is shot because the air valve is shot. Permanent fix is to change bladders.

however.....

I HATE changing bladders. For me it has always been waaay more of an ordeal than it should be - But- it is just a royal pain. So, in the past when I've a similar problem, (pervasive leaky valve) I blow it up good and tight one last time, then seal it by glueing the valve shut. I've done this using small bits of wooden matches or leather strips force into the hole with supper glue on them. Sure it would eventually blow, but sometimes that fix would get me through five or six more workouts until it finally died.

Just a thought.

Good luck.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
      • Apr 2012

OK. Thanks for the replies...
      Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...