Fight monkey speed bag platform residential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedball708
    • Apr 2015

Fight monkey speed bag platform residential?

Interested in the fight monkey speed bag platform residential. I was wondering if anyone had any input on this platform. It's non adjustable U frame brackets with a 1 inch board. Looks good in the pictures but I can't find any reviews. And it says in the the description that it's adjustable with a spring locking pin but in the pics it's clearly not adjustable. Thinking maybe they advertised it wrong in the description or its the wrong picture of the setup that I would receive.
    If any has any info on these platforms, I would appreciate any kind of feedback. Thanks. .
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Pretty sure this is the one?
    Attached Files

Comment

• speedball708
      • Apr 2015

Ya, that's it, but I can't find any feedback on it. From the pic it looks pretty solid.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Looks a llot like the old style Everlast basic platform. Fairly stable, but properly mounted it can hold about fifty pounds of weight on top which will vastly improve the rebound characteristics.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by speedball708 View Post
          Interested in the fight monkey speed bag platform residential. I was wondering if anyone had any input on this platform. It's non adjustable U frame brackets with a 1 inch board. Looks good in the pictures but I can't find any reviews. And it says in the the description that it's adjustable with a spring locking pin but in the pics it's clearly not adjustable. Thinking maybe they advertised it wrong in the description or its the wrong picture of the setup that I would receive.

If any has any info on these platforms, I would appreciate any kind of feedback. Thanks. .
          That board set up is very much like the U-Frame wall unit (adjustable) ones I've had up in my house for many years. The main difference is the adjustable model has the slotted vertical mounts to offer about 11 inches of adjustment. The board size and surface of your appears to be about the same, and it will vibrate pretty much, (especially when hitting a large bag or pounding a small one) unless you add some weight over the top.

Here is a short video of a similar model in my garage "a few years ago" (21). Notice a lighter plywood board I attached over the black presswood board that came with the unit. Eventually I would add a blanket a couple of 20 pound dumbells over the top to help stop the shaking.

If you get that board, and like big bags I suggest you hang it as high as possible to allow the large bag to be used. When you use a smaller bag you can always raise yourself up on a board or step or some type of platform. For a single user setup in most home environments it should work fine. Back in the day when I could really rip it some of my best personal workouts were done on this board.
          Last edited by Speedbag; 10-26-2015, 01:41 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedball708
            • Apr 2015

Thanks

Comment

• speedball708
              • Apr 2015

Has anyone ever seen or used one?

Comment

• speedball708
                • Apr 2015

Mounted this setup at my brother in-laws basement. For stud support we used a 1×18×20 black piece of hardwood. Also purchased an everlast u bolt swivel instead of the cheap ball hook swivel it came with. The platform was advertised as a 1 inch thick but was actually 3×4 inch thick. Very similar to the everlast version of this style but the braces are welded and the platform is of better quality. Even though the platform is only 3×4 inches thick it's still very solid. After hitting it for an hour , I was really impressed with how solid it is. I was debating putting a sand bag on top because it was so solid but I did anyway because it can only help. Very happy with the outcome and I would purchase one for my home when I decide to take my everlast adjustable platform down. I will post some pictures soon but it won't let me download any pictures from my phone

Comment

• speedball708
                  • Apr 2015

Added some fight monkey speed bag platform pics to my album

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...