• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR55
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2015

Hi to the forum

Hi I'm BR55, I'm new to the forum. My question is, how can I quiet down my platform so I don't disturb my neighbors ? I have a Balazs I-box, and it's mounted directly to the wall. Would mounting it on 2 by 4s help quiet it down ?
    Thx
    BR55
  • stefoz
    • Apr 2015

noise

Hi there and welcome to the forum.Unfortunately i don't thing is much you can do about the noise.The only thing you can do about your neighbors is apologize to them.. Check with local law about loud noise hrs.Try and do your speed bag at times less inconvenient for everybody.Cheers

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Yeah that's a major issue with multiple occupancy dwellings. Right at the moment the only workable solution that has been developed is to build a free standing base for your platform. The only drawback is that it takes a little bit of floor space. If you search these forums you can see examples.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2015

Welcome to speedbagforum! Yeah I have three setups to bag on and they range from noisy to very noisy. The loudest is my ply box filled with concrete. It rattles the tin roof above it. My nonagon couldn't be more sturdy or heavier in construction, but it's the bag slap sound on the board that will always have it's minimum volume. My least noisy one is my vert bag on the end of a log.
        The legendary Ebozyn did some good threads on minimising the noise. The bladder bag sure is more quiet, but so is slow bagging compared to going hell for leather. And hitting the bag slow is great for developing control

Comment

• BR55
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2015

Thx guys, I appreciate the advice.
          Thx
          BR55

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
            • Apr 2012

Hi
            Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BR55 View Post
              Hi I'm BR55, I'm new to the forum. My question is, how can I quiet down my platform so I don't disturb my neighbors ? I have a Balazs I-box, and it's mounted directly to the wall. Would mounting it on 2 by 4s help quiet it down ?
              Thx
              BR55
              Perhaps the best thing you could do is get a Porta Speed.

and take it outside if you need to
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...