X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrunk
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
    I just went to buy me a new yellow title bag online but sadly none seem to be in stock out there in the world. PunchDrunk- you must have scored the last two! Good move.
    But while I wait for one to come around I grabbed a white fighting sports 5x8 to keep me going. Looks like a similar shape etc and I'm looking forward to it arriving in my mailbox.
    Ventanakaz- Did you change out the bladder in your FS 5x8 aswell? Did it have a black bladder in it?
    SSM- the website was not updated when i placed the order. I only got the replacement bladders no bags i did call Title they told me that they will be in by the end of the month and that I was on the list for first shipping i should have the bags by the 27th. I have a FS 5x8(white bag) that i replaced the original heavy duty bladder with the small Title bladder much faster. But i have to say I didn't really give it a chance because at the time i wasn't too good with the smaller bags i was using a black 7x10 Everlast. Now i can't use it at all i brought it to Speedbag6 and had it signed. I think i will also order one hopefully it arrives before the Title bags.

Thanks
    Mario Isaac Albero
    PunchDrunk
    Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2015

It costs more for freight to NZ than the price of the bag using Titlemma but on Amazon from Forza sports they offer free freight. But I like the good service Title have. I can't complain.

But I have decided to turn one of my pigs into a speed bag.
      Everything I need to make it is trotting around grunting.
      Pigskin, sinews, and even a bladder.
      And pork chops to keep my energy up while I harvest my bag from it.

Comment

• stefoz
        • Apr 2015

thanks for info ZaZa.

aggie97 I have got a lot of bags.Always go back to yellow title with pink bladder .That is with deville swivel .

I notice that different swivels require different bags.And every speedbagger is different. You need to hit a few bags and you will know when you are comfortable with one.Expensive hobby my friend

Comment

• aggie97
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2015

ZaZa - did you replace the bladder in the 6x9 Fighting Sport? I got it in yesterday and it is extremely slow. I like the bag, but want to give it more life. If you did replace it, would you tell me what bladder you did use?

Stefoz - I am just getting started bagging and absolutely love it. I am addicted. My only frustration is I can't learn fast enough. I am going through the steps and getting a little cleaner with my moves each sessions. It is a blast. I am sure I will find out how expensive this hobby will be. Already want a new setup and am buying bags and bladders to find the ones that I like. This board has been a huge help and everyone here is awesome.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            ZaZa - did you replace the bladder in the 6x9 Fighting Sport? I got it in yesterday and it is extremely slow. I like the bag, but want to give it more life. If you did replace it, would you tell me what bladder you did use?

Stefoz - I am just getting started bagging and absolutely love it. I am addicted. My only frustration is I can't learn fast enough. I am going through the steps and getting a little cleaner with my moves each sessions. It is a blast. I am sure I will find out how expensive this hobby will be. Already want a new setup and am buying bags and bladders to find the ones that I like. This board has been a huge help and everyone here is awesome.
            Do you have a copy of the Speed Bag Bible? Santa gave me a copy last christmas for being a good boy and after I began to attempt the exercises in sequence I felt my learning increase in speed. . Now I have read it so many times I can read the technique abbreviations at punching speed while I sleep.
            Welcome to the addiction.
            Maybe post up a video- That would be good. I have been gifted heaps of useful help already by letting it be known I am looking for tips and advice. Chur. Everyone here is awesome and they love to hit the speed bag.

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

My favorite bag(s)? Right now it's divided equally between a 1950's vintage Everlast 4205 and an old school Tufwear S109.

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                My favorite bag(s)? Right now it's divided equally between a 1950's vintage Everlast 4205 and an old school Tufwear S109.
                The 4205 should be put back into production. Tell us more about the S109.

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                  Nope... I never changed the bladder in that bag. I like to hit a bag firmly, if it's too bouncy, I just don't get the 'feel'. Never really liked the super light/bouncy bags.
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    The 4205 should be put back into production. Tell us more about the S109.
                    The S109 was one of Tufwear's "institutional" striking bags. Its' a tear drop shape measuring 10 x 14 inches. It's not a "heavy" bag, indeed it doesn't seem to take much more effort than hitting the Tufwear VSB112 (which is a 7 x 10) that I have. From my recollection both were made up to the end of the Safe Play Mfgs' production.

Comment

• Dutchman
                      Speed Bag Historian
                      • Jun 2006

They are not"light" in the sense of the kangaroo leather bags, but they are not like the Wilson , Spalding , Goldsmith or J.C. Higgins bags. Those were made with very heavy leather, and there is definitely resistance when you hit one of them. The problem now days is finding one of those that won't turn to dust if you try to use them. Unfortunately most of them were not properly cared for and if they are just intact it's a miracle.

The 4205 and the S109 were made up through the 1980's. The former are more common, but as you have found out they have become collectors items, and bags that I used to pick up for twenty bucks are fetching four to five times that now. The Safe Play Tufwear bags show up far less frequently but for what ever reason haven't caught on with the collector's market. They are very well made, and you can use the Title XL bladder in them. There is another Tufwear model bag that is about the same size except it's pear shaped instead of tear drop. I can't tell you the last time I saw one of those tho.

Comment

• Dutchman
                        Speed Bag Historian
                        • Jun 2006

That all disappeared when they started shipping work out to Asia. Not just China but Pakistan and India. When they had to change the methods of tanning leather here pretty much sent all this work out of the country.

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

Hmm,that's 15 3/4" long, belly would have to be at least 10" looking at the photo. $95.00 AUS, which is about $70 US before the shipping and tariffs.

Comment

• stefoz
                            • Apr 2015

jim bradley 40'' speed bag

I do have a few jim bradley 6x9'' and they all super light ,These bags are designed for maximum speed .Only master speed baggers can have a good control over those speed bags.
                            the 40 cm bag is more for beginners and more like a punching bag or other wise you will need a huge board for rebounds

AUSTRALIAN MADE Larger ball for heavier, slower hitting or freestyle use. The 40cm speedball is ideal for beginners and free style hitting

check the speed on it.not many bags will go that fast

Accepted by Guinness World Records, 373 hits in 1 minute. Many thanks to Jim Bradley Speedball Co. and Fitafex, Peter Hickmott and Glenn Walsh.

hey ventanakaz if you need more info i can always drop in and ask them.i live close by.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                              ...Yap, I changed the bladder on the FS 5x8 Too. It was a PITA but worth going through because I hate the stock bladders...edit, BTW the fighting sports is similar in shape, But smaller, and better quality leather. The fighting sports are a bit heavier on the hands but don't hurt. (Second edit) Just to let you know, The fighting sports bags are slower than the title but the leather is of a better quality, Which to me makes up for them being slower ;-)
                              My Fighting Sports 5x8 arrived today. Here is a photo to show the similarities between this one and my Title 5x8. Very nearly identical. It is as if they have been cut from the same pattern. Both bags weigh the same amount on my digital scales- 150g (+ or - 10g my scale only read in increments of 10.) The only real difference I can see is the length of the loop with the Fighting Sports bag having a shorter one at just over 1/2 that of the Title. It arrived with the black plastic bladder in it (exactly the same original bladder as was in the Title bag) and I pumped it up and had a go. Then I switched the bladder for a 3.99 Title orange and yep, that's how I like em. Made it softer on the hands and more crisp on the rebound. My early impressions of this bag is I really like it, and perhaps in time I will rate it over the Title but a direct comparison will be hard for me to conduct now considering how worn my yellow bag is. This has made it very slippery on contact. It is most likely due to the loop being shorter that I actually get the feeling this Fighting Sports cycles faster than my old yeller.
                              I'd agree on the quality of the leather being excellent, I think I will keep this one away from my vert log and just rash the old one on that.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...