• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lukenietsch
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2015

Took my shot at the World Record.

So as well all know, a warrior by the name of Heather Guillick completed the speedball marathon last year. She absolutely pushed herself to the limits and hit that bag for 30 hours and 15 mins all for an amazing cause.

I decided that I wanted to do something similar and test myself more than anything else for a cause that I hold Dear to my heart as well (I help rescue and rehabilitate wild animals)

The weekend before last I set up my gear. That included three running computer feeds with backed-up/continuous footage, 2 analog clocks and a digital clock and of course the speed demon xt. As I waited for Guinness to contact me I got far too adventurous with my endurance training and made an unofficial attempt T completing the world record. Here's the catch : while waiting for the official rules to come in I thought I was only allowed 1 minute breaks every hour. I hit the bag for 21 consecutive hours, resting 60 seconds in between and I accumulated 161,000 punches in that time.

After being fairly upset with my performance, I got the official rules and realized my error, officially we were allowed up to 10 minutes of rest per hour pending the bag was in motion for 50 minutes on the hour. Well, let me tell you- that made a world of difference! So, 5 days later with two fractured hands (I was stupid enough to not wear gloves on my first 21 hour rampage) I decided to try again.

Luck was NOT on my side the second time either, as we had a crucial power failure after 6 hours of bagging... FAIL. Heartbroken, I got the store and got a battery backup for the computer systems.

Then immediately came the third attempt.deciding to take only 6-7 minute breaks an hour I completed the challenge at 30 hours and 24mins of bagging; throwing a total of 262,000 punches. This is the absolute hardest thing I've ever done in my life. The data, and three computers are on the way to Guinness now for official verification (could Take awhile) but I'm beyond stoked.

Now, I'm not posting this at all to brag or anything like that- I wanted to use this time to tell my competitor what a savage she is on that bag. The willpower it takes to mentally get through something like this is probably something most people will ever know. I not only applaud her incredible determination, but I commend her for being able to conquer herself, and with that... She helped me find myself as well

This Speedbag is more than a piece of leather, it's a tool that can be used to get your mind into a place where it can begin to be understood. I am honoured to be able to follow in heathers footsteps and my hat goes off to her. Keep baggin' !!!
    Last edited by Lukenietsch; 07-08-2015, 10:25 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Lukenietsch View Post
    So as well all know, a warrior by the name of Heather Guillick completed the speedball marathon last year. She absolutely pushed herself to the limits and hit that bag for 30 hours and 15 mins all for an amazing cause.

I decided that I wanted to do something similar and test myself more than anything else for a cause that I hold Dear to my heart as well (I help rescue and rehabilitate wild animals)

The weekend before last I set up my gear. That included three running computer feeds with backed-up/continuous footage, 2 analog clocks and a digital clock and of course the speed demon xt. As I waited for Guinness to contact me I got far too adventurous with my endurance training and made an unofficial attempt T completing the world record. Here's the catch : while waiting for the official rules to come in I thought I was only allowed 1 minute breaks every hour. I hit the bag for 21 consecutive hours, resting 60 seconds in between and I accumulated 161,000 punches in that time.

After being fairly upset with my performance, I got the official rules and realized my error, officially we were allowed up to 10 minutes of rest per hour pending the bag was in motion for 50 minutes on the hour. Well, let me tell you- that made a world of difference! So, 5 days later with two fractured hands (I was stupid enough to not wear gloves on my first 21 hour rampage) I decided to try again.

Luck was NOT on my side the second time either, as we had a crucial power failure after 6 hours of bagging... FAIL. Heartbroken, I got the store and got a battery backup for the computer systems.

Then immediately came the third attempt.deciding to take only 6-7 minute breaks an hour I completed the challenge at 30 hours and 24mins of bagging; throwing a total of 262,000 punches. This is the absolute hardest thing I've ever done in my life. The data, and three computers are on the way to Guinness now for official verification (could Take awhile) but I'm beyond stoked.

Now, I'm not posting this at all to brag or anything like that- I wanted to use this time to tell my competitor what a savage she is on that bag. The willpower it takes to mentally get through something like this is probably something most people will ever know. I only applaud her incredible determination, but I commend her for being able to conquer herself, and with that... She helped me find myself as well

This Speedbag is more than a piece of leather, it's a tool that can be used to get your mind into a place where it can begin to be understood. I am honoured to be able to follow in heathers footsteps and my hat goes off to her. Keep baggin' !!!

...with your recognition of the bag itself and the bagging community, I'd say you are definitely worthy of the record. Heather made two attempts, 5 years apart and as you found out, it is no small feat. I know you made three attempts in rapid succession, which goes to your determination.

It takes a great person to break a world record and give kudos to the predecessor rather than gloat in their victory. Congratulations and let's hope Guinness gets back to you soon!

For those that don't know Luke, here's a little known video....

Please Donate here: http://www.gofundme.com/w866mwOn June 26th, 2015 I will be attempting to break the world record for consectutive hits on a speedbag. The...

Hope this works.... (starts after the advertisement...)

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Lukenietsch
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2015

Thanks Alan! Can't wait to see the legends in action this weekend! Leaving Canada this evening. See you soon man!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Lukenietsch View Post
        Thanks Alan! Can't wait to see the legends in action this weekend! Leaving Canada this evening. See you soon man!
        And so it happened.! Great meeting you at Real Gymm! You rocked the house.

The joint is jumping..... if you can'g get there saturday July 10th, DO IT!
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...