X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BaggerBob
    • Jun 2015

Title Speed bag opinion

Being new to the game, I'm looking at getting this one in the 7". Opinions?

Best price I've found.

Still shopping for a swivel, maybe this?

I've built a real nice 30" drum out of double layer particle board and covered it in plastic laminate.

So far invested:
    PB - $21
    Plastic - heavy discount on old stock $20
    Spray 90 - $10

I'll use steel I have stored here, so I shouldn't have to spend much more.

I'm still working on a plan to mount the unit above an outside man door in the garage...I want it to be able to push/swing up out of the way when not in use.
    I'll post pictures as things progress.
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Hopefully EveryDayAverageNormalGuy hops on this thread and tells us more about the Title 7x10. In his video 5bags and a swivel he shows us the whole set of bags from the yellow right up to the big blue.
    The ballhook swivel is the way to go if you have the choice of any swivel. Ssshh...Deville#13 ... It's no secret that this is a good bit of gear. My bagging improved the day I bolted mine up and I never looked back. Plenty of people slay on the U-bolt types, very talented baggers, but in my opinion things happen on a ballhook that a U-bolt will try to sabotage.
    Your fold away platform idea sounds cool. I considered one where it folds down and around and becomes a vertical setup. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

Comment

• BaggerBob
      • Jun 2015

another option would be the Valor. I want the screw on base type.
      Don't really want to spend more then the bag on a swivel.
      We are Valor Fitness, providing strength and conditioning equipment nationwide to beginner and professional athletes of all kinds! Our goal is to deliver quality fitness products at an affordable price, while building stronger communities and inspiring others to live a healthier lifestyle.

Comment

• EveryDayAverageNormalGuy
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2015

Originally posted by BaggerBob View Post
        another option would be the Valor. I want the screw on base type.
        Don't really want to spend more then the bag on a swivel.
        http://valorathleticsinc.com/store/C...s-p-16354.html
        Check ebay too. The seller I bought 3 from offered free shipping on 2, and a 15% or so discount above $50. That bag you linked is a good one - it's a good all around bag & you can really pound it if you feel like it, but it's small enough to play around with. It's just a touch smaller than the one I learned on.

I'd also recommend going with a ball hook swivel to start, but they seem expensive at first.

Here's a link to the video that speedbagseaweedman mentioned: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6266

Comment

• BaggerBob
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by EveryDayAverageNormalGuy View Post
          Check ebay too. The seller I bought 3 from offered free shipping on 2, and a 15% or so discount above $50. That bag you linked is a good one - it's a good all around bag & you can really pound it if you feel like it, but it's small enough to play around with. It's just a touch smaller than the one I learned on.

I'd also recommend going with a ball hook swivel to start, but they seem expensive at first.

Here's a link to the video that speedbagseaweedman mentioned: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6266

http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html
          Thanks for the info! I'll order to bag and consider the swivel.

Comment

• BaggerBob
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
            Hopefully EveryDayAverageNormalGuy hops on this thread and tells us more about the Title 7x10. In his video 5bags and a swivel he shows us the whole set of bags from the yellow right up to the big blue.
            The ballhook swivel is the way to go if you have the choice of any swivel. Ssshh...Deville#13 ... It's no secret that this is a good bit of gear. My bagging improved the day I bolted mine up and I never looked back. Plenty of people slay on the U-bolt types, very talented baggers, but in my opinion things happen on a ballhook that a U-bolt will try to sabotage.
            Your fold away platform idea sounds cool. I considered one where it folds down and around and becomes a vertical setup. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!
            Thanks SSM!
            It might be a couple weeks, or so, to get this finished. I enjoy building things and I want it to look professional.

Comment

• BaggerBob
              • Jun 2015

I'm new at this, but I have to say I'm very happy with the Title #7 bag
              Love the quality of it and to me it has a great bounce.

I'm glad I started with this size. I'm more interested in the work-out then trick speed bagging at this time, so size/weight is good for pounding it and the shoulder work.

I certainly would recommend it to anyone starting out.

I'm currently using the Valor chain link swivel ($20), but I want to get the SwivelTek LTX Ball Hook Swivel, when/if they come available

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Check with John on the availability of the swiveltek swivel:
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Del-Striking
                  • Aug 2014

The Title 7x10 is an excellent bag for beginners and anyone looking to learn a new skill. I use mine a lot. You may want to change out the bladder to an orange one though. It'll give it the action needed to progress.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...