X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stefoz
    • Apr 2015

new platform

Guys i don't know about other countries but in Australia there are not descent platforms on the market.
    So i went out and got a sheet of marine plywood and made my own.
    cut the plywood in the middle and then use the jigsaw to cut it i t to a round 24" x2 pieces.
    Put them on top of each other and bolt them on to the bracket .
    Nice and strong.Be honest i will try and add another 2 pieces "take it up to a total of 3" in thickness

Total cost $AU 40.00(so far)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stefoz; 06-08-2015, 11:03 PM.
  • EveryDayAverageNormalGuy
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2015

How are you planning to finish it (or are you)? I used an oil based paint - it took forever to dry (12-16 hours per coat - I painted the top & sides, waited forever, flipped it upside down on an upside down stool, repeat for a few days) but I like the finish.

I like your mount.... I have some trailer hitch steel & receiver steel that might work for that.

Comment

• stefoz
      • Apr 2015

new platform

No painting at this stage on this particular one as i am preparing a thicker one 30" diameter. i will be giving that one a nice varnish finish and a lot of time to dry up while i am working out on this one.

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Nice work... sometimes the unfinished platforms end-up with really cool rebound circle. I used MDF for my first platform and just painted it flat black. Still hitting that one today (it's one of three platforms I have...).
        Be sure to post some video when you can!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...