X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EveryDayAverageNormalGuy
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2015

Home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share.

Here's a link to not my best session, I wondered how I'd look on video so it was at least interesting.

I'm not at the point where even helpful pointers could be incorporated, I don't think. I'm only <5 hours in so far. I started wearing the gloves a little after 3 hours or so when the skin started getting raw. I'll probably wear them for the next week - they're OK, feel good, I picked them up at academy sports I think a couple years ago.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2015

Your link to the video won't open for some reason..

Comment

Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
        Your link to the video won't open for some reason..
        I just started google photo, maybe try again in a few minutes I'm watching it there right now.

Even if you don't see it you won't be missing much

The platform is still a little loose - I thought I was going to drop it a couple more inches but I just have to level it. (left side is still partway unsecured)

>>>is this a different link? https://goo.gl/photos/iaZmgPkWxK6DN1vm8
        Last edited by EveryDayAverageNormalGuy; 05-31-2015, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2015

Bro you're clipping it along nicely, especially considering you've only been back under the board for like 5hrs!

Comment

Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2015

Thanks

I've never seen myself hit one before it was definitely fun. The day before yesterday I was linking a lot more moves (fist/elbow forward then elbow/fist back) etc..

I've never seen anyone hit the bag from the far side etc before last week so that's new.... I'd used to just go hang out by my cousin's aviary below my apartment & copy what little he'd show, & then I moved & hung one from the floor joists.... there was no youtube back then! I bet with being able to see all this, plus the book plus videos and being able to see myself - I think I'll get a lot better than I ever was.

I was a little hesitant to post anything at all, I know things will tighten up with a little practice & finalizing my mount. I've already shown 3 people how to hit it and they got in a little practice - dunno if they'll take to it or not.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2015

Don't be hesitant! I enjoyed your vid and will watch you become a master with great interest. The best advice there is on speed baggin is readily available on this forum. Lots of good people who all want to help and give support.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Only 5 hours? That's GREAT!! Just keep at it & keep those elbows up... looking forward to more video in the near future.
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speed Bag Trainee
                  • May 2015

I got my DeVille Swivel today - that took some getting used to! It was way less forgiving at first, now it's seeming to be more forgiving (goes where I hit it).

Right now I have my old Everlast bag, the Title 6 & 7 (6x9 + 7x10). I like the 7x10 the most, but last night I ordered the #9 (8"x11")....then I just ordered the 5x8 & 10x12 tonight, so I'll have the full set.

I guess that's one way to find out what I like....

I think I'll probably mount a vertical board somewhere just to do something with my extra swivels/bags to see if I like that.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by EveryDayAverageNormalGuy View Post
                    I got my DeVille Swivel today - that took some getting used to! It was way less forgiving at first, now it's seeming to be more forgiving (goes where I hit it).

Right now I have my old Everlast bag, the Title 6 & 7 (6x9 + 7x10). I like the 7x10 the most, but last night I ordered the #9 (8"x11")....then I just ordered the 5x8 & 10x12 tonight, so I'll have the full set.

I guess that's one way to find out what I like....

I think I'll probably mount a vertical board somewhere just to do something with my extra swivels/bags to see if I like that.

It's a good feel hitting on a ball hook aye bro. I found the same thing as you, it was easier to hit on after just a short adjustment. Quickly made me hit straighter etc. Good stuff.
                    Is it the yellow 5x8 or the red classic 5x8 you're getting? I haven't hit many but really like my yellow, it's heaps of fun, nice on the hands and a cool shape.

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
                      • Apr 2012

Very good.
                      Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

Speed Bag Trainee
                        • May 2015

I just got the little yellow one today - haven't hit it yet but plan on it after I finish the workout I've been putting off....

I got the two on the right yesterday - the big blue one hit me in the nose yesterday! The black one in the middle is my favorite by far.

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

Yeah "Big Blue" will do that. You really have to pay attention when you're hitting one of those, or it will hit back.......

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2015

Nice. I remember when my yellow bag was new, it looked like that. It is still quite new but now it looks like this-
                            Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...