• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisMCR
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2015

Anyone tried the Bruce Lee speed bag?

I'm talking about this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bruce-Lee-Bo...e+lee+speedbag

I can't find any reviews for it online so I'm not sure whether to buy it or not.

From the picture it looks like quality bag but it's hard to tell what size it is.

Would be interested to hear if anyone's had any experience with it.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ChrisMCR View Post
    I'm talking about this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bruce-Lee-Bo...e+lee+speedbag

I can't find any reviews for it online so I'm not sure whether to buy it or not.

From the picture it looks like quality bag but it's hard to tell what size it is.

Would be interested to hear if anyone's had any experience with it.
    No personal experience with that bag, but with that weird shape and look of construction, I can't imagine it being a "fast bag". I've never experienced a bottle necked bag like that be fast.

you may also experience a high incidence of your fist "slipping" on this bag, since there is so much sloping bag material below the belly. If your fists contact below the belly of this bag, and the direction of your fist movement is slightly downward, your fist may tend to contact the sloping area under the belly and slip down the leather, not punch into it.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 05-25-2015, 12:01 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ChrisMCR
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      No personal experience with that bag, but with that weird shape and look of construction, I can't imagine it being a "fast bag". I've never experienced a bottle necked bag like that be fast.

you may also experience a high incidence of your fist "slipping" on this bag, since there is so much sloping bag material below the belly. If your fists contact below the belly of this bag, and the direction of your fist movement is slightly downward, your fist may tend to contact the sloping area under the belly and slip down the leather, not punch into it.
      Thanks for the tips! I'll probably steer clear of it based on what you've said. Speed is definitely what I'm after.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Thanks for the tips! I'll probably steer clear of it based on what you've said. Speed is definitely what I'm after.
        If pure speed is your goal, I would look for a bag shaped more like this Ampro heritage, short & fat body with belly closer toward the bottom than the middle.

Some sister bags on that sugarray.co.uk site is the are here.

again, I haven't used any of these myself, just going by shape.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          I have that Ampro Heritage speed ball
          How many different bags do you have?

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Ralph has a "few", everyone needs a hobby......

Comment

• ozzy
              • Mar 2015

Hello,
              have any of you guys tried one of the new Aqua speed bags that are on the market now?

Comment

• ChrisMCR
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2015

Originally posted by ozzy View Post
                Hello,
                have any of you guys tried one of the new Aqua speed bags that are on the market now?
                hmm haven't heard of them.

Do you have a link?

Comment

• ozzy
                  • Mar 2015

hmm haven't heard of them.

Do you have a link?
                  Yes, Rival sell them now, as well as other companies, the link should take you to the Rival aqua bags ...

Rival Boxing Gear USA is Your #1 source for quality boxing equipment and boxing gear like boxing gloves, boxing boots, boxing apparel & Combat equipment.

They're really strange beasts, filled with water and no swivel is needed. They're a bit expensive at the moment for me to have a try, I just wondered if anyone else had been brave enough to try them?

Keep on baggin - ozzy

Comment

• ChrisMCR
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by ozzy View Post
                    Yes, Rival sell them now, as well as other companies, the link should take you to the Rival aqua bags ...

Rival Boxing Gear USA is Your #1 source for quality boxing equipment and boxing gear like boxing gloves, boxing boots, boxing apparel & Combat equipment.

They're really strange beasts, filled with water and no swivel is needed. They're a bit expensive at the moment for me to have a try, I just wondered if anyone else had been brave enough to try them?

Keep on baggin - ozzy
                    Whoah those are weird looking things. If they were cheaper I'd take a chance on one just out of curiosity but $70 is too much, especially considering I'd need to import one.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2015

... Right now I have 16 bags, Let's see, I have Cleto Reyes bags some Everlast bags, Fighting Sports bags, Title bags, Ringside bag, Ampro bag, J.C. Higgins bag and last but not least a custom bag made by one of our members.
                      16 bags... That's legendary. My wife heard this and told me not to get any ideas about buying myself 16 of them. I will never know what i'm missing out on if I don't though. hmm.

Comment

• ozzy
                        • Mar 2015

That aqua bag is pretty much a slip bag for bobbing and weaving, slipping, Counter punching. It's not made for speed bagging, Although you can give it a try as speed bag, it might rip your swivel right outta your board
                        Yeah I got fooled by their shape - I had a look at the Aqua site and they seem like a lot of fun http://www.aquapunchingbag.com/
                        but the bags take a lot of punishment I just wonder if they would start to leak after a while. Think I'll stick to the traditional bags

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
                          • Apr 2012

OMG! You see the size of the welting on the Bruce Lee bags??! Jesus Christ!!

Mmmmm, Rival. Mmmmm, TITLE. Mmmmm, Fighting Sports. Delicious!
                          Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...