• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tl12356
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2015

Bag air presure

What would be a good air pressure for a Title Advanced 6x9.
    I did not put a gauge on it yet...Filled to firm finger touch, if you know what I mean.
    Getting a lot of bounce, having hard time keeping up with it....Yeah I know I'm slow....Need more practice.
    Thanks for your advise.
    Tony
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

There should be enough air in it so that you can take your thumb and be able to push it in about a quarter to three eighths of an inch without a lot of effort. Firm, but definitely not hard.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2015

I find the bag gets hard with too much air and you can feel it on the fists. Over inflated bag might feel erratic and won't flatten onto the fist much when you hit it. I like mine the same as my eggs- a bit on the soft side. Then I can feel the bag and it is likely more forgiving of minor accuracy discrepancies too. When you like it, you probably have a good amount of air in there. Remember to moisten the needle so you don't do it damage putting air in or letting air out.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by tl12356 View Post
        What would be a good air pressure for a Title Advanced 6x9.
        I did not put a gauge on it yet...Filled to firm finger touch, if you know what I mean.
        Getting a lot of bounce, having hard time keeping up with it....Yeah I know I'm slow....Need more practice.
        Thanks for your advise.
        Tony
        Actually your bag inflation seems about right. hit softer to slow it down. That will help you learn to control the force of your punching.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...