• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlowPunch
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2015

Which bag fo a newb

Which bag for a complete newb..... in my case, money is a issue. I recently purchased an everlast elite adjustable platform. I would have liked to get something better, but I'm new and we'll make this work. It's going in my garage into a concrete wall, so I'm sure it will be nice and secure. I was thinking about going with a deville swivel, but will wait. I'm looking to get a reliable bag that I can grow into, that won't break the bank, any suggestions?.......

Thank you in advance,

Sean
    Last edited by SlowPunch; 04-20-2015, 01:43 AM. Reason: cuz I can't speel :)
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Generally, it's felt that starting out that a 7 x 10 bag is the preferred choice. If you do a search on this board you will find what bags are out there and what the users say about them. You will discover it's a personal choice, everyone has their own preferences.

Comment

• SlowPunch
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2015

Thanks Dutchman,

I have been reading all morning. I have decided to go with a title medium 7x10 black in color. Ill see how that works for now. Thank you

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SlowPunch View Post
        Thanks Dutchman,

I have been reading all morning. I have decided to go with a title medium 7x10 black in color. Ill see how that works for now. Thank you

You are probably going with the larger Medium size bag for control over speed, since the larger bag will be a bit slower. that's a good choice.

As an option, You might also consider the Red title 9x6. It is smaller, with a shorter rebound arc than the black 10x7 so it would be faster at normal inflation level, but you could also let a little air out of it (leave it a bit mushy) and slow it down a bit. Then as you gain control you can add more air to correct level and have a faster bag than the 10x7. In a month or so you would probably want, or at least be controlled enough to use the faster bag. Some people like the bigger, slower bags because of the power workout feature and a fun workout, but if you ultimately want to get faster you will eventually need a faster bag than the 10x7.

just a thought.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SlowPunch
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          You are probably going with the larger Medium size bag for control over speed, since the larger bag will be a bit slower. that's a good choice.

As an option, You might also consider the Red title 9x6. It is smaller, with a shorter rebound arc than the black 10x7 so it would be faster at normal inflation level, but you could also let a little air out of it (leave it a bit mushy) and slow it down a bit. Then as you gain control you can add more air to correct level and have a faster bag than the 10x7. In a month or so you would probably want, or at least be controlled enough to use the faster bag. Some people like the bigger, slower bags because of the power workout feature and a fun workout, but if you ultimately want to get faster you will eventually need a faster bag than the 10x7.

just a thought.

Thank you for the thoughts....I already ordered the 10x7, as I get better, I'm not opposed to purchasing a smaller bag......
          Now for everything to arrive so I get get it all up

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...