Clear All
  • typeone66
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2015

bag repair

May this message find you well.

Hello, everyone.
    Just joined the forum a few days ago.
    When I first got into finding the rhythm of the bag, I had no clue that the 4204 I was buying from an army surplus store here in San Francisco was rare. I bought the 4204 over a decade ago.
    The stitching that holds the red leather collar has finally given way.
    I am loath to discard my first bag. Besides the collar stitching unravelling, the bag is in great worn in condition.
    Has anyone here ever tried to fix the collar stitching on any of their bags?
    Is this even possible?
    Or should I just add this bag to the "Now that was a nice bag. Too bad they don't make 'em anymore." category and chuck it?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Have a great day!
    Sincerely,
    Al Dion
  • rskbreaker
    • Jan 2014

I might be able to help. Can you post a pic of your exact issue, so I can have a better understanding.

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

If you deflate and remove the bladder a shoe repair show with a heavy duty sewing machine should be able to resew it. I've done that with mine. I took the bladder out of mine and turned the bag inside out and the shop repair shop could then sew the seam back up no problem.

fedora

Comment

• typeone66
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by rskbreaker View Post
        I might be able to help. Can you post a pic of your exact issue, so I can have a better understanding.
        Thanks for the offer.
        I think I will take Fedora's suggestion. It would be much more expedient and socket to have the neighborhood shoe repair fix it for me.
        I will post pic as soon as I'm done with this evening's familial obligations

Comment

• typeone66
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by fedora View Post
          If you deflate and remove the bladder a shoe repair show with a heavy duty sewing machine should be able to resew it. I've done that with mine. I took the bladder out of mine and turned the bag inside out and the shop repair shop could then sew the seam back up no problem.

fedora
          I had thought of that. But, I wasn't sure if it was a viable option. Thanks.
          This way I can help the local cobbler make some money, too.
          May you have a great day!

Comment

• rskbreaker
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by typeone66 View Post
            Thanks for the offer.
            I think I will take Fedora's suggestion. It would be much more expedient and socket to have the neighborhood shoe repair fix it for me.
            I will post pic as soon as I'm done with this evening's familial obligations
            Awesome! Good luck. I look forward to seeing how they turn out.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post

fedora
              Years ago I did the same. You know, those good ole' days when you could get stuff repaired for much less than buying a new one. A stitched up bag was like a scarred old fighter with a few stories to tell.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...