X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ozzy
    • Mar 2015

Speed Demon XT & Red Speed Bags

Hello all, just thought I’d get my first post out of the way.

Does anyone know if a Speed Demon XT works with a red speed bag without needing to use the red calibration tape? Has anyone tried this?

I was gonna try this myself but the only red speed bag I could find was a seventy quid ($100) cleto reyes – need to be certain it will work for this price – hope someone can help with this.
  • Speed_Demon
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2012

Hi Ozzy:

I manufacture the Speed Demon. Thanks for your question.

If your Speed Bag is solid red (without white or black stripes, or black laces) it will work. Sometimes, though, while the bag itself is red, the neck of the bag or loop on the neck is black. Those areas may need to be taped, as it's the upper portion of the neck of the bag that is reflecting the infrared light back up into the Demon's sensors.

If it doesn't work for some reason, I'll refund your money for the Demon.

Worst case scenario - you are the new owner of a cleto reyes.

John
    http://www.speedbagdisplay.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ozzy View Post
      Hello all, just thought I’d get my first post out of the way.

Does anyone know if a Speed Demon XT works with a red speed bag without needing to use the red calibration tape? Has anyone tried this?

I was gonna try this myself but the only red speed bag I could find was a seventy quid ($100) cleto reyes – need to be certain it will work for this price – hope someone can help with this.

I have also experience problems when using a small 8x5 bag. It reads better on a 9x6 or larger.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ozzy
        • Mar 2015

Hi John,

Thanks for the info.

I found a cheaper (£20) red speed bag made by Title - so I'm hoping that I can get this to work when it arrives.

Btw I certainly don't need a refund, I'm just doing this out of interest to see if I can get it to work. The Demon works perfectly fine with the calibration tape.

Comment

• ozzy
          • Mar 2015

Thanks for that Alan - I've just bought a red 6 x 9 so will see how it goes.

I've clearly done something wrong with my replies - will need to be more careful next time.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...