• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swampdonkey
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2015

New bag is slow...

Returning to the speed bag after many years. I just purchased a Title 6x9 (red) bag and was expecting it to be quicker. The bag I had on there was a tattered 7x10 Everlast whose skin was peeling off but it was noticeably faster than the smaller Title. The board is very study and the swivel is a Ringside "Pro Swivel". I believe the bag is inflated correctly perhaps a little over inflated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

FYI: this is the bag I ordered in size 6: http://www.amazon.com/Title-Boxing-T...itle+speed+bag
    Last edited by swampdonkey; 01-23-2015, 07:10 PM.
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

I've never had that particular bag but many here on the forum will change out the bladders on new bags because they are made of a heavy rubber, they remind me of an inner tube type rubber, and they have a poor rebound. I've changed out quite number and they always improve the speed.

fedora

Comment

• speedy G
      • Oct 2014

I have a similar title bag - but with red seams and it was slow as molasses out of the box - so I changed out the bladder to the title orange bladder (as recommended by Ralph) and it truly increased the performance. So do that as a start - for sure.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
        Returning to the speed bag after many years. I just purchased a Title 6x9 (red) bag and was expecting it to be quicker. The bag I had on there was a tattered 7x10 Everlast whose skin was peeling off but it was noticeably faster than the smaller Title. The board is very study and the swivel is a Ringside "Pro Swivel". I believe the bag is inflated correctly perhaps a little over inflated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

FYI: this is the bag I ordered in size 6: http://www.amazon.com/Title-Boxing-T...itle+speed+bag
        The bag in this picture is a title 10x7
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• swampdonkey
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          The bag in this picture is a title 10x7
          The picture on Amazon seems to just be a default one. I selected the size 6 and it was red upon delivery.

Comment

• swampdonkey
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2015

I hooked up w/ Title on their live chat but they didn't offer me any useful advice. They basically said to return it (at my expense) and try either their "Pro Mex Professional" or their "TITLE Boxeo Authentic" speed bags.

Any other suggestions on a 6x9 (or is it more common to say 9x6?)

Thanks...

Comment

• fedora
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2012

If you are looking for a faster bag right out of the box, go with the Leone 9x6. You won't be disappointed. http://store.titleboxing.com/leone-speed-ball.html

fedora

Comment

• swampdonkey
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jan 2015

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I still wouldn't think that I'd need to replace the bladder for a bag that's new in order to gain speed but that is the route I'll try. I ordered a Title bladder and it should be here mid week. Hopefully I'll see some improvement.

Comment

• Del-Striking
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

We'll have to see this need for speed in action Swampdonkey. Post up a video when you have your bag issues sorted out.

Comment

• speedy G
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                    Here's another thing I was thinking about, if your comparing a new bags speed to your old one, Well it will depend on which old bag you have, there are older bags that are faster than the new bags, even if the newer bag is smaller. If you change out the bladder it could either bring it up to the speed of your old bag or make it faster than it, but I guarantee if you change out the bladder it will make your bag faster. You can also try going with a 5X8 instead of the 6X9. In any case you will still have to change out the bladder to get the best rebound outta your bag...ralph
                    Ralph - in your opinion what's the best bag outta the box - that wouldn't need a bladder replacement? and when you recommend replacing the bladder - do you only recommend the title orange bladder - or are there others equal to or superior to it? lastly - are bladders a one size fits all proposition or how much flexibility is there in the bladder size vs the bag size? thx. mike

Comment

• swampdonkey
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Del-Striking View Post
                      We'll have to see this need for speed in action Swampdonkey. Post up a video when you have your bag issues sorted out.
                      I would not waste the bandwidth on such a video! My skills are very basic. The bag and board were free off a local website and the bag was in rough shape. That's the only reason I purchased something a new one. I'll leave the vids to others!

Comment

• swampdonkey
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jan 2015

I changed out the bladder to the orange Title one and it has made a difference. It still doesn't rebound as much as the old bag but there was a marked improvement over how it moved when stock.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...