• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Triffid
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

Well... so much for that swivel

So I was just pounding on the bag as usual when this happened...

I don't think I want to get one of these plastic everlast swivels again. Is this all metal everlast swivel any good? Or should I go with a different one?

Thanks for the help
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Triffid View Post
    So I was just pounding on the bag as usual when this happened...

...I don't think I want to get one of these plastic everlast swivels again. Is this all metal everlast swivel any good? Or should I go with a different one?

Thanks for the help
    Wow, dude you exploded it. Never seen that happen before.

this is the only Everlast metal swivel I would use right now..
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BillyMack
      • Sep 2006

DUDE! What supplements are you taking?? j/k j/k

You aren't hanging anything from the bag are you? That's all from punching it? I'm not sure that metal vs. plastic is your problem; it's not like the plastic gave out...but dang, man, something ain't right....got any video of yourself in action?

Comment

• Triffid
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2007

hehe... I do like to get into it...

It wasn't one big hit or anything though... you can see where the metal was just grinding down until it got so thin it just bent.

I did finally get my video setup working. I'll get something up as soon as I get a new swivel.

Thanks Speedbag, that is the swivel I was thinking about getting... now its for sure

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

I would stay away from the chain link swivel -

get another plastic one - it is not the plastics fault - it is the metal - a metal ball hook would have done the same - if they are using the same components. Looks like you wore thru and then it just bent on you.

what about the Pro swivels ? there was a good thread that takled baout which was the better pro swivel...

Comment

• Triffid
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2007

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
            I would stay away from the chain link swivel -

get another plastic one - it is not the plastics fault - it is the metal - a metal ball hook would have done the same - if they are using the same components. Looks like you wore thru and then it just bent on you.

what about the Pro swivels ? there was a good thread that takled baout which was the better pro swivel...

Ya, I wouldn't mind just getting another of the same had it not only been a little over a month. I can live with getting one every year or so... but a month? I think I need to try something different for sure. Oh well... good thing they're not overly expensive, and I needed to get something else from title boxing anyhow.

Comment

• Triffid
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • May 2007

Got my new swivel today So far it seems ok. It's a bit different than hitting the old one... a bit faster maybe, a bit harder to keep "online", and not to mention it sounds like there's a cricket in my basement

Oh well.. here is some video as promised... Don't laugh, I'm still startin' out and sorry about the video quality, it's my first upload to youtube, and the video looked much better before I uploaded it.

My first speed bag video. I've been hitting the speed bag for almost 2 months now.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Got my new swivel today So far it seems ok. It's a bit different than hitting the old one... a bit faster maybe, a bit harder to keep "online", and not to mention it sounds like there's a cricket in my basement

Oh well.. here is some video as promised... Don't laugh, I'm still startin' out and sorry about the video quality, it's my first upload to youtube, and the video looked much better before I uploaded it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J213Jc8RbCg
                Try squirting some 3-1 oil into the swivel, or spray it with a silicon lubricant. It will help kill that cricket in that hides in the chainlinks.

....and you were really fast there for a few seconds.... I thought I was watching Skunk for a sec.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                  • May 2007

Looks like you bought a pro swivel this time around, nice choice! They're a bit erratic and a bit more expensive but I like the fluidity they offer. Looks to me like you're ready to experiment with a smaller faster bag next...

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Wow, dude you exploded it. Never seen that happen before.

this is the only Everlast metal swivel I would use right now..
                    That's the one I use and it works great. It's pretty inexpensive too
                    sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J213Jc8RbCg
                      you look fine for just starting out.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Triffid
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • May 2007

Thanks, I was actually doing better on the other ball-hook swivel. It will take a little bit to get used to this one probably. So far, I'm not really into all the "tricks"... I just like pounding on the thing to get a good sweat going

Oh... any tips are more than welcome

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...