• Show
Clear All
  • Chri5123
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2013

How To Stop The Board Vibrating Ideas?

Hey Guys,

I am back!

I started bagging about a year ago - but just about 15 minutes a morning during my boxing workout.

Then the swivel i had broke and i left it for a bit, but recently decided to get a new swivel and a bag - I will get a pic and upload it.

It is a U bolt swivel and works well.

Then, I thought since i am trying to make it the best i can - it seems a little slower on the rebound than the chain link swivel i had before, i think this may be because it hangs a little lower.

It is still good enough - i am wondering how i can stop the board vibration - what do you guys put on the board and how heavy should i go - i have a 10KG Kettle bell and it helped but think i need something flat and heavy that does not move about so much,

Any suggestions?

Glad to be back guys and want to learn some tricks - as i say i just use it for boxing so more for actual jabbing and timing the one two - practicing the hook etc... but a few tricks sounds fun too!

Let me know and thanks for your help in advance,

Chris Jones
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Hello Chris. You may want to consider a ball hook swivel. Most will agree that in the long run you will end up in that direction. Take a picture of your platform and you will get several suggestions on how to make it more solid. Good Luck and Enjoy!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Chri5123 View Post
      Hey Guys,

I am back!

I started bagging about a year ago - but just about 15 minutes a morning during my boxing workout.

Then the swivel i had broke and i left it for a bit, but recently decided to get a new swivel and a bag - I will get a pic and upload it.

It is a U bolt swivel and works well.

Then, I thought since i am trying to make it the best i can - it seems a little slower on the rebound than the chain link swivel i had before, i think this may be because it hangs a little lower.

It is still good enough - i am wondering how i can stop the board vibration - what do you guys put on the board and how heavy should i go - i have a 10KG Kettle bell and it helped but think i need something flat and heavy that does not move about so much,

Any suggestions?

Glad to be back guys and want to learn some tricks - as i say i just use it for boxing so more for actual jabbing and timing the one two - practicing the hook etc... but a few tricks sounds fun too!

Let me know and thanks for your help in advance,

Chris Jones
      Hey Chris, Welcome back. Long time....

I used the same idea for a while, placing several 15 pound dumbells over the top of my board, separated of course, either side-to-side or front to back. I placed them on towels and then quilts to offer some soft material underneath them so they wouldn't move. Ultimately I think the best solution is to have the weight more widely and evenly distributed, using either sand bags, cement mix bags (both in plastic bags so the dust doesn't get out) and I have also used a large bags of cat litter (40 lbs). All worked better than the smaller weights place over a small area of the board.

Glad to see you're back. Hope all has gone well for you during your absence.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• RenoRattler
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Hey Chris, Welcome back. Long time....

I used the same idea for a while, placing several 15 pound dumbells over the top of my board, separated of course, either side-to-side or front to back. I placed them on towels and then quilts to offer some soft material underneath them so they wouldn't move. Ultimately I think the best solution is to have the weight more widely and evenly distributed, using either sand bags, cement mix bags (both in plastic bags so the dust doesn't get out) and I have also used a large bags of cat litter (40 lbs). All worked better than the smaller weights place over a small area of the board.

Glad to see you're back. Hope all has gone well for you during your absence.

Agreed, sand bags are the cheapest and easiest. A bag is around $3 at home depot or lowes. I have a backpack with about $30 of pennies on one of my platforms and it works similarly.

Comment

• 45LongColt
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2015

I'm a shotgun shell reloader and found (2) 25lb bags of #8 lead shot worked great and they are so small their not even noticeable on top of the drum. Instantly took away all vibration and noise.

45LongColt

Comment

• 45LongColt
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2015

Sure, sorry about the delay, was out of town for work the past couple of days.

Below are two shots. One of my platform and the other from above looking down on the bags of shot. Each bag weighs 25lbs and measures 10"x5"x1.5" (smaller than a shoe).

45LongColt

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by 45LongColt View Post
              Sure, sorry about the delay, was out of town for work the past couple of days.

Below are two shots. One of my platform and the other from above looking down on the bags of shot. Each bag weighs 25lbs and measures 10"x5"x1.5" (smaller than a shoe).

45LongColt
              wow, you even made a rack for them! very neat and works great.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...