• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gallichio
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2015

Need help picking a platform.

Hi all,

I have a free standing Everlast stand similar to the first photo that holds my speed bag and heavy bag. It is OK but I would like to move up to a more solid speed bag setup. I am thinking about two platforms X Mark or Balazs and was looking for some opinions on these, or some others. These are in about the $230.00 price

Click image for larger version

Name:	00303_ht4q8cVGur_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	94086

Name:	01515_hNjWH5EuBHi_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	94087

Name:	ms0433_500.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	94088range.

Thanks for any help.
    Mike
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Balazs all the way... GREAT platform! Go for it.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Gallichio
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2015

Thanks Zaza

I will purchase it as soon as I find the best price. Photo of my current setup soon to switch to Balazs i-Box

Mike
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Gallichio; 01-15-2015, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
        • Jan 2011

Bottom one, for sure, top one will wiggle all over the place, waste of money.... or just make one
        Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve

Comment

• Gallichio
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2015

making platform

Hi Brother Cavefish,

That's a great idea but I have no tools for woodworking not to mention skills for working with wood. Are their any instructions on how to make one on this forum? I would take a stab at it.

Mike

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Best bet is to go take a trip through the "Gold Mine" Lots of good info there

Comment

• dpayne
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2015

Hi Mike, I'm brand new to the forum but I am going to make platform like the one pictured under "Pictures and Videos forum, thread: 1st video from Del-Striking. Looks like a rock solid platform - thanks to him for posting pics of it.

Comment

• Del-Striking
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by dpayne View Post
                Hi Mike, I'm brand new to the forum but I am going to make platform like the one pictured under "Pictures and Videos forum, thread: 1st video from Del-Striking. Looks like a rock solid platform - thanks to him for posting pics of it.

http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5957
                You're welcome dpayne, my son is the brain behind this design, took us a weekend with drying time and all. the dowels were a bitch but we were looking for an extremely solid unit, you can probably omit them as long as you run screws on a diagonal and some glue. I can probably put up some dims if you want. let me know.

Comment

• Del-Striking
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Gallichio View Post
                  Hi Brother Cavefish,

That's a great idea but I have no tools for woodworking not to mention skills for working with wood. Are their any instructions on how to make one on this forum? I would take a stab at it.

Mike
                  Love that photo of Rocky, In my opinion if you have the money just get a Balasz, Otherwise you would need someone with some carpentry skills to help you make a decent platform.

Comment

• speedy G
                    • Oct 2014

x-mark

I have the x-mark and its solid as a rock - but I'm pretty new at it - yet my buddy with an I-box likes my xmark a lot. the xmark also has a 1/4" thicker drum (1.5" vs 1.25") . Good luck!

Comment

• Gallichio
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jan 2015

Thanks everyone for all the great Ideas. Saving up some bread to make the purchase.

Mike

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...