• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrunk
    • Oct 2014

looking 4 a portable platform

Hello Forum members

I Travel for work a lot. I am looking for a platform I can take with me whenever I'm on the road. does anyone know of any companys out there that have something that I can use on a door frame, tree, or pole. Any information would be great and appreciated

Thanks
    PunchDrunk
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

PD, here's a video Alan put up several years ago, showing Ben Kniffen's portable speed bag platform. You really can't get any more portable than this.

Comment

• drag-on389
      • May 2014

I wonder if that contraption ever got marketed and if any are still around.That's pretty ingenius. Pretty funny too especially when he is speedbagging while sitting on the throne. Now that is a Speedbag Addict.

Comment

• drag-on389
        • May 2014

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
        Hello Forum members

I Travel for work a lot. I am looking for a platform I can take with me whenever I'm on the road. does anyone know of any companys out there that have something that I can use on a door frame, tree, or pole. Any information would be great and appreciated

Thanks
        PunchDrunk
        There is a gorilla speed bag. Here is a you tube video.

Comment

• PunchDrunk
          • Oct 2014

Thanks for the reply guy's. Biff that video was priceless I died laughing that might be a bit too portable. Drag-on389 thanks for finding that Gorilla bag video clip. That's a more like what I had in mind

thanks
          PunchDrunk

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by drag-on389 View Post
            I wonder if that contraption ever got marketed and if any are still around.That's pretty ingenius. Pretty funny too especially when he is speedbagging while sitting on the throne. Now that is a Speedbag Addict.
            there answer is NO. It was never marketed and to my knowledge this was a "one and done" invention.

I have been involved in several "wearable portable speed bag" projects, all done with the best of intentions by very ingenius people - but they never got past the novelty stage. Bottom line is, Body sway has way too much impact on the bag and makes predictable timing and angles of rebound almost impossible.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• drag-on389
              • May 2014

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              there answer is NO. It was never marketed and to my knowledge this was a "one and done" invention.

I have been involved in several "wearable portable speed bag" projects, all done with the best of intentions by very ingenius people - but they never got past the novelty stage. Bottom line is, Body sway has way too much impact on the bag and makes predictable timing and angles of rebound almost impossible.
              Thanks for the feedback. I honestly think that it could be used on a tree or pole but it would have to come apart easily to make it viable as a portable platform. I imagine one of the speed bag forum members could accomplish this. Like the guy with the motorized speed bag platform or any number of members who have built their own platforms.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by drag-on389 View Post
                Thanks for the feedback. I honestly think that it could be used on a tree or pole but it would have to come apart easily to make it viable as a portable platform. I imagine one of the speed bag forum members could accomplish this. Like the guy with the motorized speed bag platform or any number of members who have built their own platforms.
                The guy that made the portable speed bag unit in that video (sitting on the toilet) also designed a portable speed bag unit that attached to a pole. Best I Remember he used a car tire for the base filled with something (concrete) that a metal pole fit into. And then he attached a speed bag board to it with a customized coupling that could be adjusted up and down the pole.

He was also working on a portable speed bag board that could be attached to metal via an electric magnet very similar to this demo. Once he plugged it in, (even using his pole in the tire, plugging into a battery pack or a wall outlet nearby) the board would stay rock solid for punching. Seeing as he was the supervising locksmith for the University of Delaware at the time, he had the knowledge and technology at this fingertips. He was a very ingenious guy and also a master egg artist, which was his true passion.

Yes that is a true story.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rskbreaker
                  • Jan 2014

How about a single arm speed bag platform, cut out some slits for the cargo strap and mount on a pole. Thoughts?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...