X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedy G
    • Oct 2014

Thanks Members

as a oldie in life and newbie to bagging I just want to say how valuable I have found this forum in the last week since joining. Using the search field - I have found answers to every question I can think of from a "get smart fast" bagging mentality. I've never encountered a more responsive forum with the greatest achievers in the business participating. Thank you all for the inspiration.
  • speedbag4life
    • Jun 2007

Hello, Speedy G. I'm not quite sure how your post has been sitting around for 3 days with no reply, given how responsive we are and how much we participate (lol, come on guys!!),... and I probably can't take any credit for what you've seen here in getting answers to your questions, because I'm not a frequent inhabitant on the forum... but I CAN say that this is a wonderful community of people, and everyone is happy to help each other along. Glad you're here, and welcome!

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Yeah... how did I miss this? Must be that I'm an old guy too! Welcome to the forum and remember it's never too late to start. I look forward to seeing some video from you in the near future.
      Cheers!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Del-Striking
        • Aug 2014

Hello Speedy G, I'm a new comer also in need of advice, tips and constructive criticism. So welcome and let's take this journey together with this great support group.

Comment

• speedy G
          • Oct 2014

Thanks for the intros. I can tell this is going to be quite a journey. I got the fever. I think my wife is getting concerned.

I have the xmark-2811 platform and it seems solid! Can anyone compare that with the balasz I-box? I may add a second platform.

It came with the chain link swivel but I have a ball hook to switch out but may wait for a deville instead.

For bags I'm currently using a
          Title 6x9
          Everlast leather 10x7
          contender fighting sports (S)
          -Should I be using a bigger bag to start?

must order:
          SBB / 4 dvd

any comments, concerns or suggestions based on that info?

Comment

• Del-Striking
            • Aug 2014

I have a very similar collection of bags that I change back and forth to.
            I think FS small is an excellent bag even for beginners. It's thicker heavier skin helps keep it tracking straight cause its not flying all over the place due to its weight. When I started baggin in January 014 I've almost exclusively used this bag and still use it today. I'll put the larger bags on from time to time when learning a new skill. Have you ordered your deville yet? if not I recommend you do. it's a really nice swivel that's a little quieter than most and my wife appreciates that. Not to mention Ball hook is the way to go for Bible style punching. Can't comment on the platforms. Good Day!

Comment

• speedy G
              • Oct 2014

Thanks for the info del-striking! I've ordered my Deville swivel and SBB.
              May the force be with me. amen.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

... let us not forget to order "Art of the Bag"... you'll love it!

(pay no attention to the man behind the curtain if you already have a copy)
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rehamco1
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  ... let us not forget to order "Art of the Bag"... you'll love it!

(pay no attention to the man behind the curtain if you already have a copy)
                  Even if you have a copy of The Art of The Bag it is always nice to have a spare.

Comment

• speedy G
                    • Oct 2014

I do have the art of the bag movie (awesome!) and have been pushing it's link around facebook.

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by speedy G View Post
                      I do have the art of the bag movie (awesome!) and have been pushing it's link around facebook.
                      Always nice to spread the gospel according to AK.
                      Last edited by Biff; 10-17-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...