• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dar
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2014

Great fun

Just started speedbagging a little over a week ago. This is a great workout and tons of fun. I've made great progress. Just gotta start focusing on practicing one technique at a time instead of always trying to go faster and using differant hitting techniques. My biggest problem right now is clenching my fist so tight that my arms are tense and I need to learn to move my feet from time to time to keep from getting sore. Not sure what kind of stance to use.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dar View Post
    Just started speedbagging a little over a week ago. This is a great workout and tons of fun. I've made great progress. Just gotta start focusing on practicing one technique at a time instead of always trying to go faster and using differant hitting techniques. My biggest problem right now is clenching my fist so tight that my arms are tense and I need to learn to move my feet from time to time to keep from getting sore. Not sure what kind of stance to use.

Hi Dar, welcome to the forum. you are right, focusing on only a few techniques at a time, and learning to relax while punching are important. Here are some beginner tips for you. It is also helpful to understand the difference between techniques and combinations.

You CAN do it!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dar
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2014

What do you think of this bag. I have been using a bag in a gym which is 6 or 7 inches wide. I think this is pretty similar. Opinions?

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dar View Post
        What do you think of this bag. I have been using a bag in a gym which is 6 or 7 inches wide. I think this is pretty similar. Opinions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sale-Boxing-...ht_6887wt_1104

I have not hit this particular brand and I'm not a fan of it's shape. That long bottleneck to a wide fat belly shouts "I'm slow", but then again, Every bag has it's own personality. I might add I have never seen the "swivel" called a "pedestal" either, but I don't out much anymore so maybe it's different in other countries. If you get this bag let us know how it hits.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...