• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottCT
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2014

Mysterious bizarre bounces

I have a new Cleto Reyes 6x9 that I was really enjoying for the first two weeks. When I returned from two days away, it now bounces as if it is lopsided though there is no obvious warping. I have semi-deflated / re-inflated it but the problem persists. I am using another bag on the same swivel and it is fine so I am sure there is something up with the Cleto bag. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ScottCT View Post
    I have a new Cleto Reyes 6x9 that I was really enjoying for the first two weeks. When I returned from two days away, it now bounces as if it is lopsided though there is no obvious warping. I have semi-deflated / re-inflated it but the problem persists. I am using another bag on the same swivel and it is fine so I am sure there is something up with the Cleto bag. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey ScottCT. That has happened to several baggers, and they opened the bag to find (...wait for it.. )
    that ubiquitous Mexican Jumping Bean

Seriously. Open it up and look inside. They don't charge extra for them either.

Other than that, you may have yourself a genuine speed bag gremlin in there. Seen a few of those in my day also.

Good luck.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ScottCT
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2014

Thanks for the advice. I did open it up to make sure it was clean inside and that the bladder is aligned well and everything seems fine. The strange bounces seem to be caused by the very stiff loop which wasn't an issue the first couple of weeks I used the bag.

Comment

• ScottCT
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2014

Thanks so much. Very helpful.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          ...Scott, I know what your talking about and it is because of the stiff loop. If you notice with other bags with soft loops, they will grip the S-hook more compared to the stiff cleto reyes loop. The cleto acts more like a pivot because it's so stiff, so it has a different feel and acts differently because of this. You just have to get used to the feel of hitting that bag, thats why you can't control the bag as good compared to the softer loops. Give it some time and maybe hit on it exclusively, once you get the feel and timing down you will never have trouble again, and won't notice the difference...ralph
          Exactly right IMO. That is one reason why I don't use cleto bags. Their loops are near impossible to deal with on most narrow S-hook swivels.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...