• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Digger7
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2011

Everlast 4217

Bought an old red plastic Everlast 4217 on Ebay. I know these have a bad reputation "4217 Red Plasticon Economy, avoid if possible" but I actually like hitting this bag. I opened and then closed the screw eye with a vice to attach it directly to a swivel. Added a little grease and it really is pretty nice to hit. Very round, nice rebound, holds air forever, no bladder to ever change, surface is smooth so you don't need gloves to hit it, heavy enough to give a good workout. Am I the only one that likes these bags?

[IMG][/IMG]
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Digger7 View Post
    Bought an old red plastic Everlast 4217 on Ebay. I know these have a bad reputation "4217 Red Plasticon Economy, avoid if possible" but I actually like hitting this bag. I opened and then closed the screw eye with a vice to attach it directly to a swivel. Added a little grease and it really is pretty nice to hit. Very round, nice rebound, holds air forever, no bladder to ever change, surface is smooth so you don't need gloves to hit it, heavy enough to give a good workout. Am I the only one that likes these bags?

[IMG][/IMG]
    i'm going to venture a "yes" to your question, 'cause you are probably one of a very few that have really give it a chance.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

These are still being sold by Everlast as the novelty desktop bag. Everlast wasn't the only firm to sell vinyl striking bags. AMF/Voit sold two kits back in the late 1960's with a white vinyl bag. They came with a rebound ring kit, the other was a free standing platform kit.

Comment

• BigDogDaddyD
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2018

So...here we are 6 years later. How is your vinyl bag holding up? Just picked one up on Ebay dirt cheap. Waiting for it to arrive. Thought I'd set it up on the kid's outside porch speed bag setup.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...