X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kallidoraknox
    • Feb 2014

Boom!

I did it! I figured out how to link properly. I was practicing today and it just clicked. It's such a good feeling when something just clicks and you get that, "ohhhhhhh this is how it's done" feeling. I'm not like Link from Legends of Zelda good but better than I was last week. Just thought I share.

Next up...elbows...
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Good, that's usually how it happens

Comment

• swfl
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2013

Its fun when it clicks. How about a video for us to see? Elbows are fairly straight forward and with some time under the board you will have them as well.. Enjoy!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Megabriel View Post
        I did it! I figured out how to link properly. I was practicing today and it just clicked. It's such a good feeling when something just clicks and you get that, "ohhhhhhh this is how it's done" feeling. I'm not like Link from Legends of Zelda good but better than I was last week. Just thought I share.

Next up...elbows...
        And that is how it works most of the time. In no time now, you will linking off the elbow strikes.

that linking move you just got is exactly the same when done after any other contact, and will open up tons more combinations, especially when you can do the three reverse punching techniques well.

Reverse Single Punch (RSP): You're already doing it with a single fist link
        Reverse Double Punch (RDP): You're already doing it with a double fist link
        Reverse Fist Rolling (R-Roll): probably one of the most difficult techniques to learn but very useful to know.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

I know that feeling too and it's great to see someone else progressing. I never thought I'd get the double side punch or the 4 way elbow. But when your brain and body finally put it together it's a cool feeling.

fedora

Comment

• annlouisegrace
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2014

wow, its look nice, do you have video tutorial ?

Comment

• rehamco1
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2013

I know the feeling

Originally posted by Megabriel View Post

Next up...elbows...
              I am learning the elbows now isn't it fun when all of a sudden you get it. good for you. keep on a bagging it just gets better.

Comment

• Kallidoraknox
                • Feb 2014

Just wanted to say thanks for the encouraging words. No video yet though, I still need practice. Lots. Of. Practice.

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
                  • Apr 2012

Sounds awesome!
                  Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...