• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dador333
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2013

New member. Hello and question.

Great forum! Just getting started. I take a fitness class with my kids. 16 yo triplets. Yes triplets. 2 boys 1 girl. I'd like to get a set up that would work for all of us. Here's the question. 1 of the boys is 6 foot and my daughter is 4'11". The other boy and I are about 5'9". Not making this up but the girl is without a doubt the best and fastest of all of us! Not as strong but WOW she's a demon . Right now she uses a small ever-last bag at the gym and we use a larger one. Sorry I don't know the dimensions but I'm pretty lost as to what equipment to get that will work for all of us. We're all novices but I'd like to get something's that we can use now and upgrade as needed. Not made of money but at Christmas I'll stretch a bit as a family gift. Suggestions please?
    Edit
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dador333 View Post
    Great forum! Just getting started. I take a fitness class with my kids. 16 yo triplets. Yes triplets. 2 boys 1 girl. I'd like to get a set up that would work for all of us. Here's the question. 1 of the boys is 6 foot and my daughter is 4'11". The other boy and I are about 5'9". Not making this up but the girl is without a doubt the best and fastest of all of us! Not as strong but WOW she's a demon . Right now she uses a small ever-last bag at the gym and we use a larger one. Sorry I don't know the dimensions but I'm pretty lost as to what equipment to get that will work for all of us. We're all novices but I'd like to get something's that we can use now and upgrade as needed. Not made of money but at Christmas I'll stretch a bit as a family gift. Suggestions please?
    Hi Dador and welcome to the forum.

To get a board that

Several forum members like this one:

And you can't go wrong with an i-box for looks, stability and height adjustment.

For a bare bones cheaper model and some height adjustment, although you need wrenches to adjust each side, you can use this one.

Put about a 25-40 pound sand bag on top to help reduce vibration, and for you daughter you might get a fitness step, kind of like these:

They are wide enough and sturdy enough for basic speed bag work and offer a few fast and easy height adjustments on wall units that either won't adjust or are a pain to adjust.

Bags, I'd go with the 9x6 (red) and yellow 8x5 title bags

And for a swivel, I'd recommend either the Deville Ballhook (made by msDeville forum member) or the Evil Swivel, (ballhook) made by forum member jumpcannon. Both are excellent ballhook swivels.

If you can't go for a ballhook swivel you can choose either a U-bolt or chain link style from here: http://store.titleboxing.com/speed-b...s-swivels.html

Good luck and hope some of this helps.

Alan
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
      • Apr 2012

Classifieds.

I recently purchased a rare 6 X 4 leather bag in excellent condition. With a higher quality swivel, and a cheap platform. With the tubes in there original packaging. All for 20 bucks!

My first complete platform and swivel was only 5 bucks!

My first speed bag was free.
      I even got a brand new, cheap Everlast swivel, in og packaging. For free.
      I bought a pos Everlast bag from Walmart once. Once.
      At a soccer store, I even negotiated the price on my pressure gauge for my bags, and saved.

I bet you can get it done. It's a sure thing for you to get something for nothing. Or cheap.

Just do it.

I'll post pictures of stuff soon.
      Last edited by Niki Knuckles; 12-15-2013, 11:08 AM. Reason: because I can!
      Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...