• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnich
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2013

Hello,

I have just registed and this is my mandatory first post. Don't have much to say except that I have ordered a swilvel from Dee, contacted Prime Fighter to see if they sell the platform without the drum and swivel (I do my own woodworking), and ordered the new DVD Art of..., and contacted
    ralphponce65@hotmail.com to talk about bags (after a few days no responce yet)

Excited about getting back to hittin after about 40 years

Nick (user jnich)
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Hey Nick... thanks for the order, it's going right out tomorrow....and welcome back to the bag! Like JUXT says, "It's like riding a bike, once you learn, you never forget..."

Can't wait to see what kind of a drum you build. I look forward to seeing some video of you posted soon.

Cheers,
    -Zaza
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Welcome, I just got back into bagging around this time last year after over 27 years of being out of it. I had a lot to catch up on and more to learn. This is the best forum to do it at. Dee's swivel is great AND it's quiet. You will have to experiment with different bags to find what you like the best. A lot of choices out there right now. You will eventually find the right size, and weight you like the best.

fedora

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by fedora View Post
        Welcome, I just got back into bagging around this time last year after over 27 years of being out of it. I had a lot to catch up on and more to learn. This is the best forum to do it at. Dee's swivel is great AND it's quiet. You will have to experiment with different bags to find what you like the best. A lot of choices out there right now. You will eventually find the right size, and weight you like the best.

fedora
        Very true... I've been really enjoying the Balazs XS bag these days!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• jnich
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Dec 2013

Thank You for the quick shipout

I am thinking of buying a prime fighter model 500 without the swilvel and drum so that i don't have to pay for a swilvel when I already am about to have Dee's and I want to make my own drum - I wonder how people take to the 500 in general

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
          Hey Nick... thanks for the order, it's going right out tomorrow....and welcome back to the bag! Like JUXT says, "It's like riding a bike, once you learn, you never forget..."

Can't wait to see what kind of a drum you build. I look forward to seeing some video of you posted soon.

Cheers,
          -Zaza

Comment

• swfl
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2013

Hello jnich and welcome to the forum. If you have the tools and skills, making your drum is the way to go. Plenty of examples of fine drums on the forum. enjoy!

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
              • Apr 2012

Hello, welcome.
              Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...