• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

A few minutes a day keeps the rust away

Boy, I haven't posted in a while. It has been one busy summer and fall. Mostly working on projects on my 100 year old house. I didn't have as much time to spend on the bag as I did last winter but with my platform hanging in the garage I still tried to hit it a few minutes every day or so in between projects. Things have slowed down a lot in the last month and I've started doing more time on it. I noticed I lost very little if any of my hand and eye coordination in hitting it. I attribute that to the few minutes of work I still did on it. And I am talking only 5 to 10 minutes maybe once every couple days. It seemed to keep me where I was at. I know people have to lay off sometimes for different reasons but I think if you can still do just a little it will keep you from regressing.
    I'm working at doing double bumps now from the front and back. The left hand is really slow at getting it, but I'm starting to see some improvement.

I hope to be posting more now that I have more time. This is a great resource for everyone interested in bagging.

fedora
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

^ I agree and having a platform in the garage and the basement comes in handy. Doing laundry? Hit the bag for a few minutes on the way down to the washer & dryer. Start a load of laundry? Hit the bag in the basement for a few minutes as the cycle starts. Back upstairs? Hit the garage platform a few more minutes.

Doesn't take much to stay in tune.... but now that the film is finished, I can get back to some serious punching sessions!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      Yeah I hear ya, I haven't been hitting as much too, just because I'm working on building my mountain bike jumps bigger which takes alot of time, then I gotta get the balls up and hit the jumps, but I'm still getting some bagging in
      You're still crazy.... as I get older, I tend to stay away from things that could cause some heavy bodily damage...at least the bag won't break a collar bone!

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        ...Hey, Hey, Hey. We don't talk about that, besides that one vid of my stepdown jump I posted, I'm almost finished building it back up, it's now around two feet taller and will give me more hang time in the air, so no jinxing.
        ...Only good thoughts!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...