• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tnthuber
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2013

Plastic Wire Tie?

I saw a video on youtube posted by Nova Speedbagger where he uses a heavy duty plastic wire tie on the leather Lupe of his speedbag. Would this prevent damage to the bag?

Just wondering what some of you experienced baggers think about using the plastic tie for beginners? Any help is appreciated.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by tnthuber View Post
    I saw a video on youtube posted by Nova Speedbagger where he uses a heavy duty plastic wire tie on the leather Lupe of his speedbag. Would this prevent damage to the bag?

Just wondering what some of you experienced baggers think about using the plastic tie for beginners? Any help is appreciated.
    I'd have to see the video to know exactly what you are referring to. Please post a link to that video if you can?
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Some people use "zip" ties to keep the bag on the hook. There were/are some ball hooks that the opening on the hook itself was too wide, allowing the bag to go air borne on a mis hit.

Comment

• tnthuber
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Sep 2013

Youtube Video with wire tie on Loop

► 4:14► 4:14
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Dec 27, 2010 - Uploaded by Kerry Campagna
        After purchasing a new speed bag I thought other may be interested in a ... Speed Bag Review ...

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

His tie is quite wide. I tried attaching a bag this year with a narrow tie and it broke after a few minutes. Novaspeedbagger hasn't checked in here in a few months, he'd be the one to comment.

Comment

• tnthuber
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Sep 2013

Thanks a lot

I appreciate the responses. I will try adding the bend in the S hook.

Comment

• speedbag4life
              • Jun 2007

I don't think Novaspeedbagger used the zip ties to make things easier on himself in terms of speedbag learning curve. If I remember correctly, he originally tried the zip tie because some metal filings/shavings were found in his eye(s), and he was trying to eliminate all possible sources of more.

Btw I tried his swivel and loved it-- not for the eye protection but because it added some extra buoyancy to the bag's bounce, and that was really fun!!

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

550 paracord seems to last 'forever', but is fussy about what kind of knots you can tie in it that will hold. Will give you that light bouncy feel too.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...