• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KenO
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2013

Bladder

I've read on this forum how bladders can make a big difference. I see there are plastic, and rubber bladders, is that what makes the difference? Which is the prefered?

Are there brands that are better?

Thanks, Ken
  • Jollygood49
    • Jan 2013

I swapped out the original black bladders in all of my title bags for these rubber bladders . I haven't tried the plastic bladders but am very happy with the speed increase and feel of the rubber ones.

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• KenO
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Oct 2013

Thats the reason I asked the question. I must be dense, I dint see where the preference is rubber or plastic.

Sorry, I will go away.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

One thing that you will find around here is that we don't mind answering questions. We're all enthusiastic teachers here, we take joy in sharing knowledge that has been posted on these boards.

Comment

• swfl
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2013

I have used the title bladders as well. They do help the bounce. Only have done two replacments and neither went all that well. Maybe next time. You will find a bag or bag bladder that you like the best with time under the board and a few dollars sent to Title. Enjoy!

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by KenO View Post
              Thats the reason I asked the question. I must be dense, I dint see where the preference is rubber or plastic.

Sorry, I will go away.
              I prefer rubber... but have never hit anything with a plastic bladder. The Title replacements have been the best for me.

...and please, don't go away, we like having you around!
              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• florian 380
                • Nov 2012

i changed every bladder in my bags only in my 6x9 fat ringside is still the black bladder i didnt changed it yet cause im pretty happy with that bag like it is !!!! the funny thing is this is the only bag that never loose air

Comment

• fedora
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2012

I changed out a bunch of my bladders and tried both the Title orange ones and the latex ones from Ringside. The Ringside latex ones seemed to have more bounce but they do tend to leak air more. But they do tell you that is normal for a latex bladder. So be prepared for that if you decide on a Ringside bladder.
                  The original black ones and the plastic ones are horrible and can really hinder your progress.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...