NewBEE - Need Advice - Thanks in Advance !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeLightStage
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2013

Niki Knuckles;

Is a 7 x 10 that much smaller than a 7 x 11? I never would have thought about a 7 x 10. Buck heck if I can pick one up cheep it's worth a shot.

Thanks!

Have a Great one!

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
      • Apr 2012

4 sure. There is a scientific formula. X = Power (Shape X Size) + (Weight X Materials).

7 X 10 would be in the shape of the bag in the speedbagforum.com logo. Or in the Art of the bag banner. A drop of water falling. Classic teardrop.

The 7 X 11 would have the shape of hot sugar hanging before it dripped off. Looks stretched. It's longer, with a skinny taper.

More power would probably be needed in striking the 7 X 11. 7 X 10 would be a better bag to lay a beating to then a 6 X 9, requiring less striking power then the 7 X 10.

This formula is applicable in a 6 X 9, 5 X 9 study. Where the 9 is the common denominator. As well as 6 X 9, 6.5 X 9.5, 7X10. Where the classic bag shape remains constant.

Lastly, the types of material being used in the bags construction. Inside parts such as the bladder. The exterior component could rang from shlt plastic, thin/thick leather, or opulent synthetics. Further more, there can be enhancements applied to the bags for more scientific reasons. Such as a patch placed on the bottom of the bag as a counter balance. This in theory would act like Galileo's pendulum. Piping in the seams can be an attractive feature. Silk screened logo, or embroidered?
      Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Control

Mike, sorry to hear about your troubles, but If you fear for your safety that much I would suggest a few, big, well trained bodyguards, police or just not going at all. Just a few months ago, in my home city of Wilmington DE, there was a shooting before they even made it into the courthouse. Three dead!! How do you prepare for that??
        Control.,.? Control is the key. No matter the size bag, control is the issue. This only gets worse as you move to smaller bags requiring more precise and quicker hitting. If you cannot control the Ringside bag, which I think are a very responsive and accurate bag, then maybe take a look at the other equipment your using; swivel, platform, stance, hand position, gloves or wraps....the list could go on. So throw up a video, maybe somebody can help.
        The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• MikeLightStage
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2013

Thanks Loads - Please see your private mailbox. All of your advice has been taken to heart.

It is really amazing how much the bags shapes change with size.

Have a great one !!!

Comment

• MikeLightStage
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2013

Thanks for the advice.

I now have a 5 x 8 on loan, a 9 x 6 and 10 x 7. Should fill my needs.

It is really amazing how much the shapes of these bags vary with the sizes.

Thanks loads !!!
            Last edited by MikeLightStage; 10-14-2013, 11:24 PM. Reason: OOPS, added a line

Comment

• MikeLightStage
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2013

My Apologies

My Apologies for getting off the track for the intent of this forum. All of your input is very ... extremely ... very very very ... ( ok you get the point ) appreciated. I have learned a great deal - and now know I have a great deal more to learn.

I am now sending more detailed messages that do not completely fit the concept of the forum privately.

Again thank you for all of your input and concerns. I have reviewed all of your input with great seriousness and extreme appreciation.

To fit with the concept of speed bagging - I never realized how much variation existed. I never thought you could have as much variation in speeds bags as trucks, cars or dogs.

I love the formulas - ya - I like math - got figure.

I love learning! Fabulous !!!!

Back to speed bags ...

Have a great one !!!!!!!!!!!!!! .............. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• MikeLightStage
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Oct 2013

Update on Court

No Incidents - some high tension though

My view, I cannot prove it but I firmly believe my plan of Deterrence through presentation worked. It's kinda like computer security - when it is set right you really never know how well all of your proactive measures helped - but you always know it did.

Your help and advice was key to successful execution of my plan without physical incident.

Thank you all for all of your advice and help !!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...